mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Kingman (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/kingman/)
-   -   Hammer 7 barrel suggestions (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/kingman/220539-hammer-7-barrel-suggestions.html)

240SX 12-07-2012 04:32 PM

Hammer 7 barrel suggestions

To use the new Hammer 7 for first strike only, what barrel would you suggest?

lmartin 12-11-2012 01:01 PM

you may want to check with Lapco, supposedly they are going to make their first strike barrels to fit this gun.

Penarol10 12-11-2012 01:09 PM

I hear hammerhead makes a good barrel for FS rounds. You could try them

Keebler 12-11-2012 01:24 PM

Hey lou I think it may help a lot if you were to maybe set something ad hoc up with sergei I think that may help get the ball rolling better. I've been trying but. All they keep saying is they are working on it sooooo. Maybe someone official like you could light a fire under it

SEFishy 12-11-2012 01:31 PM

heres an actual question that im sure has been asked before. Rifled barrels are useless for normal paint. However would they serve some purpose with first strikes. Such as my armason stealth barrel that i normally use

Keebler 12-11-2012 01:43 PM

All signs point to yes rifling has a positive influence on first strikes. Nothing has really been tested to any kind of scientific degree. Except what's been done by mfgs and I don't trust that info. That being said I highly doubt your armson is tight enough to grip the round

lmartin 12-11-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keebler (Post 2559569)
Hey lou I think it may help a lot if you were to maybe set something ad hoc up with sergei I think that may help get the ball rolling better. I've been trying but. All they keep saying is they are working on it sooooo. Maybe someone official like you could light a fire under it

I've tried in the past reaching out to aftermarket companies to encourage them to do some stuff. I've learned that I can not influence what happens at another company. Only you the end user can influence Sergei and other aftermarket manufacturers. if enough of you guys reach out asking for it then someone will do it.

I'm willing to assist in anyway possible to help an aftermarket company produce a product. So if you know of a legitimate aftermarket company that wants to make something but needs help, send them my way.

RAZRBAKK 12-11-2012 07:34 PM

I feel like the Hammer 7 was designed to be used with the stock barrel. I mean, it has a detent built in to the breech. Obviously you'd wanna switch up the barrel if you're trying to maximize efficiency, but overall I think it's pretty good the way it is.

lmartin 12-11-2012 08:01 PM

I'm really impressed with the accuracy of this gun stock out of the box. The only modifications that seem to make sense to me are the internal stuff. Of course you are going to need a smaller bore barrel if you are shooting small bore paint, seeing more and more of stuff on the small side made these days. No way to get any good accuracy shooting 683 paint out of a 690 barrel. So unless you have a good source of 688-690 paint, I would suggest picking up a barrel.

lmartin 12-11-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJOttawa (Post 2559946)
Going out on a limb here: with First Strike rounds, it probably doesn't matter what barrel you use.

I'm kind of a barrel savant and I'd use the stock barrel with First Strikes.

Im with you, unless someone shows me a significant increase in performance then I'm using regular spyder barrels.