mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ask me about my
 
Skibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
The worst you may have to do is maybe get some kind of resin
yeah. I think once I get my hands back on my Dremel I'll try this out. I also have an idea for adapting the back bottle to a CAR stock, which would also seal up the back bottle.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i find this easy to masturbate to
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!


Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive
 
PistolRogue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jackson, NJ
Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I could see it being possible, probably the easier way would be to carve out the backstrap, and use two aluminum spacer plates under the grip panels to add some width (you'll have to shape the back edges to fit the contour of the bucket). I've been thinking of a similar mod to a PT Extreme pistol, just have to wait until they put us back on a 40 hour work-week to be able to buy the parts... That's the great thing about polymer, grip frames on mech guns, lots of space to cut and add stuff.
__________________
Jay AKA Rogue Reservoir Dogs Scenario Paintball Team- Our $#&* is RIGOROUS!
My Gear For SALE!
Check Out My Mod Threads : Pirate DSG - SA17 Mods - Simple/Cheap/Free TPX Mods - The 'Big Damn Hero' DRV
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

I agree. Many people don't like polymer guns personally I love it
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ask me about my
 
Skibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

I don't mind hacking up the hammer 7 just because they're pretty cheap. Not too terrible to buy another even if it's used and sell whatever parts are extra if I need to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i find this easy to masturbate to
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!


Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
danssoslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011

Is macroline absolutely safe in a vertical situation with co2? I'm running this through my head (and awesome idea, btw), and wonder how this might effect disassembling the marker.

Macroline is the only thing that I am familiar with that would offer some slack when putting the upper and lower together while the air line is together. A fitting similar to how the reg connects on the Mini would be sweet; but making it is another story.

Have you tackled how you will get the asa portion of the speed feed solidly mounted?
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

Egh a lot of people use and seem to be fine. But I've heard some scary stuff and based on the specs I won't ever use mac with co2
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ask me about my
 
Skibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
Is macroline absolutely safe in a vertical situation with co2? I'm running this through my head (and awesome idea, btw), and wonder how this might effect disassembling the marker.

Macroline is the only thing that I am familiar with that would offer some slack when putting the upper and lower together while the air line is together. A fitting similar to how the reg connects on the Mini would be sweet; but making it is another story.

Have you tackled how you will get the asa portion of the speed feed solidly mounted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Egh a lot of people use and seem to be fine. But I've heard some scary stuff and based on the specs I won't ever use mac with co2

I was thinking of using 1/8 NPT to micro straight fittings and microline from Air Soldier. Here are his specs:

Black Nylon-12
.086" ID
.156" OD
.035" wall
1120 psi working pressure (3360 psi burst)
0.25" bend radius

So even with CO2 spikes it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not 100% on how the ASA portion would be hooked into the frame, I was thinking of putting flats on it and somehow use a set screw, but I'm not sure yet. Otherwise maybe do a custom ASA with one or two bolt holes that would allow you to bolt to nuts attached inside the frame, since it'll most likely be filled with something for added stability.

I'll draw something up quick.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i find this easy to masturbate to
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!


Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

IIRC the issue isn't the hose its the elbows and fittings. The compression fitting from what I can remember has a low pressure ceiling. But I'm really not sure
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ask me about my
 
Skibbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
IIRC the issue isn't the hose its the elbows and fittings. The compression fitting from what I can remember has a low pressure ceiling. But I'm really not sure
Huh. I'll check into it..

Anyhow here's the what I was thinking:

The two holes are 10/32 and would let you use either grub screws or go from the inside of the frame (which would be a pain, but head clearance on the back side makes it huge and it wouldn't feel good in your hands.



And the reason I wanted to do the 12 gram in grip is this:


ASA- buffer tube adapter, which I'll use with a straight BBA whenever those get done, unless I have one custom done for me by someone.

I found Camozzi's (maker of the ASP fittings) .pdf
.pdf file
working pressure is 0-1000 PSI so I would think it'd be ok.

I would defer to someone who has more time with 12 grams though if they said something different.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i find this easy to masturbate to
Designer of the first legit looking ego pump, the EgoP!
BUY IT HERE!!


Tinkerer/ Pump lover
Team Akkadian Paintball Squad
OK D-Day '09 - German 716th IR
FEAR THE TREES!
Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1067010

Last edited by Skibbo; 01-29-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: found the .pdf file
Skibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
danssoslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011

Will that stock be something you are making?
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC