mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Kingman (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/kingman/)
-   -   Eyes or other anti chop EMR5 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/kingman/228604-eyes-other-anti-chop-emr5.html)

scribbleheli 03-12-2013 01:24 AM

Eyes or other anti chop EMR5

Does anyone know if eyes our other anti chop options are in the works for the new Emr5?
I'm very curious to know.
My friend has a new tm 15 which I guess is just a mini in a milsim shell. I feel that if it shot FSR it would be really nice.
But more importantly, if the EMR5 had eyes or any antichop it would be perfect.
If IM handy with drills, dremels and a soldering iron, can it be done? Anyone have ideas?
can the stock board support eyes?

Eskie 03-12-2013 10:45 AM

I thought a force feeding system usually solves the chopping issue?

In any case, I've been thinking about it. It could be as simple as an LED, photodiode, and a transistor switch wired between the trigger and board. I probably would not do it with just hand tools however.

scribbleheli 03-12-2013 11:59 AM

I use the Q-Loader. And with the absence of a usable detent, it makes it hard to not chop.
Also, now that I think about it.
With the rotating barrel, how would that work?

Rain-Man005 03-12-2013 12:17 PM

I was pondering eyes on the emr5 the other day. With the barrel system I just don't see how its possible, and then hearing that your still having issues with a force fed loader? Makes the mr5 look like the better buy imo.

scribbleheli 03-12-2013 04:51 PM

same denten in both guns.
But I think I might have solved that, making eyes un-needed

That and If I can find bigger paint.
Seems like everything is to tiny now a days.

Rain-Man005 03-12-2013 06:10 PM

I'd probably run fs only in a mr5. But good to know they use the same detents. Care to share your secret fix?

Seksirojo 03-12-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scribbleheli (Post 2652165)
same denten in both guns.
But I think I might have solved that, making eyes un-needed

That and If I can find bigger paint.
Seems like everything is to tiny now a days.

please share

scribbleheli 03-13-2013 01:13 AM

I cut a strip of the 3m double sided tape the size and shape of the detent and taped it in with a piece of scotch tape.
Adds some backbone to the poor over worked detent. But the foam can compress to get out of the way if need be.

Let me know how the FS feed for you.
I went through a box of them and never had a clip work flawlessly.
Im hoping the detent change will fix that. We will see when my order comes in.

Seksirojo 03-13-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scribbleheli (Post 2652745)
I cut a strip of the 3m double sided tape the size and shape of the detent and taped it in with a piece of scotch tape.
Adds some backbone to the poor over worked detent. But the foam can compress to get out of the way if need be.

Let me know how the FS feed for you.
I went through a box of them and never had a clip work flawlessly.
Im hoping the detent change will fix that. We will see when my order comes in.

first question is where exactly did u place the foam and second which detent change lol..... thanks for all ur help

scribbleheli 03-13-2013 04:10 PM

Sorry, bad wording. I didn't change the detent. Just applied my "fix"
and if you take out the detent. (you know, the tiny little sliver of plastic 1/8 of inch wide and like half an in long)

Cut a piece of double sided foam tape that exact size, then cut off some of the end that would go under the barrel o-ring, and stick it to the denten. replace the detent into the barrel. then place a small piece of scotch tape over that, but make sure not to inter-fear with the barrel O-ring.