mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

So I called them and was told that I'm pumping it to hard. I explained that my other Nelson pumps don't have this problem. They recommended backing out the pump rod and that doing that shouldn't cause other problems (over stressing the frame, feeding issues). So I'll take their advice. Only time will tell....
I'm probably to hard on them. I truly think I could walk on the field with a Brass Eagle Talon, no hopper, some paint in my pocket and have a ton of fun. I'm really looking forward to trying the first strike rounds and although the gun isn't perfect I think in the end it will get the job done, even if it isn't pritty.

Last edited by 1shot; 04-11-2013 at 06:48 PM.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
So I called them and was told that I'm pumping it to hard. I explained that my other Nelson pumps don't have this problem. They recommended backing out the pump rod and that doing that shouldn't cause other problems (over stressing the frame, feeding issues). So I'll take their advice. Only time will tell....
other nelsons do have this problem. if the main spring is too strong it can overpower the valve spring with the help of a strong pumping action and open the valve.

not any of mine though! because i know how to spring them! judging from the smaller valve body, they probably used a pretty stiff main spring to make up for it.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Good to know. I own 3 other Nelson's and maintained some of my friends guns. orings and cup seals have worn out, never had a real problem with them befor.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

So I'll be the first to admit I'm not to savy when it comes to gun tech/modification; further more I'd like to believe that this isn't just operator error, but I'm about 98% sure that I am completely pumping it so I don't think that's causing the double feeding issue. I don't understand how the detents wouldn't work for standard paintballs but for the first strikes they'd be just fine. As for the air I won't be able to tinker with till I'm out at the field again. Do you guys think it'd be worth while to pick up a spyder spring kit?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

First Strike rounds are roughly .687". How large is your regular paint? Others have already expressed issues with smaller paint; although I do not know of any solutions at this time. Have you made sure that your detents are in good shape?
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #16 (permalink)

Unfortunately I can't give any real answer because I shot all the paint last Sunday. I was using Nelson Special Forces paint though and usually it seems higher grade paint seems to run a little small so that might explain it. When it comes to the detent thought I'll admit I didn't check it and that I don't really know what I'd be looking for, but I'll go to my proshop and have the some guys teach me!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

I have been having feed issues when I used regular paint from the magazines, I checked my detents and they looked bad. I changed them with the spares I got and will try it again this weekend, but it seems better.
nowherekid109 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman