mcarterbrown.com  

Old 06-30-2014, 12:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mr5 barrel options

So there is a severe lack of options for the mr5 in regards to barrels. I made a rear Asa air through stock to keep it mag fed only but now I want a rifled first strike barrel. I know there's someone that makes an adapter but then I'm looking at the adapter plus a barrel. My only other thought was to buy a Tiberius lapco rifled barrel, fill in the grooving for the Tiberius gun and cut my own grooves for the mr5. Just wondering if this is at all possible or if that would be a complete waste. That being said this is just a idea I have no idea if the barrels are even close to the same diameter.
ltr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Complete waste, MR5 barrels are much thicker then Tiberius ones. Your best option is just to get a barrel adapter and proper barrel.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

What he said. I got the adapter and run a lapco 14" asSault barrel with apex 2 tip. Adapter is great bc i can run any spyder thread barrel or get an adapter to run A5 etc.

What's the Tib'S barrel gona cost you if u muck It up and have to get the adapter anyway? Plus your time.
alldayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
I think he wants a rifled barrel for first strikes so an apex will not help there. The problem with adapters would be the gap it creates between the start of the adapter and the start of the rifled barrel. I don't know how a first strike would act hitting the rifling after already fired, even if it is only 1 inch of adapter. If you figure out a solution please let me know as I would be interested in a similar set up.

MCB Feedback
Malafanango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tug Contest Winner

Keep in mind, most of the Hammerhead barrels have 1" of smoothbore sizing fin, which in effect is no different than using said mr5 adapter and one of the new spyder-threaded Shaped Projectile barrels.

Of course, all the hardcore marksmen on this forum tend to have barrels rethreaded to do away with sizers - but thus far we have no confirmed evidence what difference there is sizer vs no-sizer (only anecdotal or theoretical).
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
That is something I did not know, I guess it would not matter as much as I had thought.

MCB Feedback
Old 08-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Also there is no gap with the adapter and the barrell. He can run a specific FS rifled barrel from lapco which from what I've seen and heard...best of the best.
alldayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayyyyy View Post
Also there is no gap with the adapter and the barrell. He can run a specific FS rifled barrel from lapco which from what I've seen and heard...best of the best.

The gap I was referring to is the adapter, it is a gap from the breach to the beginning of the rifling. Not an actually gap, just a smooth bore transition.

MCB Feedback
Old 08-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks for all the advice. I'll look into getting an adapter. Just was trying to get some options. Nice to get opinions from people that have some experience with this
ltr88 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman