mcarterbrown.com  

Old 02-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan

close up of fittings I used for it

full gun, minus the grips, which are done by the way. i'll have pics up tomorrow of those.
She gets 18 GOOD shots, and by 20 she's falling fast. By 25, it peters out. Those 18 though have good range and decent accuracy, seeing as how the barrel is only about 2 inches long at the moment. Also, i hacksawed an old stock barrel, so that problem is fixed also. I still need to fix a feed tube for it, then go back and touch up some of the paint where it just scratched up. She'll be showing herself off tomorrow in here though
GanonsGrin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Goat, hopefully those last pics are working for ya. Here are the most recent pics of the gun with the grips on now. I'm gonna go back and touch up the paint on the side dovetail and barrel, and I do believe i've got a PT magazine coming for this gal. It holds air VERY well. I left a 12g in it for almost 3 hours today, firing a few random shots within that time, but still getting my total 18 good ones overall with it. I'm very happy with the work. I just gotta get this feed system done for it. Anywho, here ya go:

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h.../Pistol4-2.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h.../Pistol4-4.jpg

The links are dark, but the pic I put up is what her current state is. Just one more addition and cleanup and she's done. Should be holsterable when finished. When my rifle stock gets ordered, i'll start the progress pics on that one as well.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Flying Bunker Tagger

Just add a laser and a sight rail light, and you'll be ready to Jack Bauer some people in a night game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Sharks watch "Super-Cameron Week"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
You could put one of those kid leashes on super-cameron so he stays under control.....
super-cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I'll have the wooden stock for my SpydeRifle on Friday so when it gets here and I get started on that project, I'll begin a new thread with pics of the progress. WOO HOO! I'm all about these project Spyders!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

Very Cool!
I have 2 STBB projects in the works as I type this..the first is a stock class pump..the second...WELL...we'll just have to wait on that one for now.

Goat

God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilerman View Post
"Silence...I'll bunker you!"
Sic Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Hands down record holder for the largest purchase ever from BigMatt
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:53 AM   #26 (permalink)

if your looking for a short barrel still hit python they have a 'short' 2" barrel that works solo or adds to the front of the one of there 'kits' (adding 1/4").

how is the trigger frame for flex?

Biting, playing dead and sarcasm are a few of the skills that i offer free of charge.
dead possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I'm cool with the barrel I hacked down for now, it shoots straight, so that's all I can ask for. Thanks for the tip though. And what do you mean about the flex on the trigger frame? I'm confused

Ganon's Armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
Old 05-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #28 (permalink)

trigger frame flex, what i mean is ..... since you removed the bottom leg of the trigger frame a portion of the frame that helped resist rotatonal forces (bottom) is no longer doing that. thus any twist/turn/torque forces are placed on the remaining 'legs'. i was currious to find out how well the frame was holding up to such a modification.

the idea is very interesting, i might look to do something similar depending on how the frame holds up.

Biting, playing dead and sarcasm are a few of the skills that i offer free of charge.
dead possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Gotcha! It actually hold up very well. I have had no problems with it at all. The only thing that really takes any force is the quick change though, and it unscrews without putting any force on the grip legs. The only thing I worried about when I was making it was where I had to drill a hole for the macro fitting through the front of the grip. I kept having to bore more and more out, but once it was done, everything fit very snug and again, I'm not too worried about the flex. I am going to redo it eventually though with a metal grip frame with more precise drilling and placement. I did everything on that one with a hacksaw, dremel, and a power drill, so nothing is extremely precise. It gets the job done, but it's not "clean" enough for my liking. I switched out the body on this one recently to speed up the progress on my Spyder Rifle, so it's now a blue vistor body on top with a vert feed, so now I can rig up my feedtube setup on it. I'll get some new pics in a bit. I'll put the rifle pics up too so you can see that also. Good to hear some more interest in this one. It was my first "homemade custom" type job, so i'm rather proud of it.

Ganon's Armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
Old 05-27-2008, 07:06 PM   #30 (permalink)
Marathoner

Great idea on the quickchange mounting. So simple yet effective.

Great job!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman