mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   MCB News (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/mcb-news/)
-   -   Dealers Forum Rules Update (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/mcb-news/136934-dealers-forum-rules-update.html)

Painthappy 10-11-2010 09:00 AM

Dealers Forum Rules Update

We added a new rule for the dealers on MCB:

No dealer merchandising posts, or sales offers by dealers are permitted in forums OTHER than the "Dealers Forum". Such posts will be deleted and repeat offenders will be subject to issuance of infraction points

This came about due to some complaints by members about members who sell stuff posting in other forums about how they "sell" that part. Please do not do this. If you are a dealer, you're more than welcome to have a free section in the dealers section, post up what your selling, sales, etc. Have at it.

But please refrain from actively pursuing people in other forums. If you have advice, that's fine, but when you actively tell them you can sell them a part or item, then you create competition and then all the dealers will be doing the same thing, and this we can no have.

Thank you for understanding. We have many dealers here, and everyone will need to work together to keep this one of the best forums out there!

Thank you

Carter

Greenmtnphantom 10-11-2010 09:03 AM

Am I correct in assuming that this doesn't apply to posts in WTB threads?

Titus 10-11-2010 09:06 AM

That's what I was wondering too.

Example:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/w...l-holster.html

I posted in there and I made a sale, is that now against the rules if I posted a link to my sales thread?

Painthappy 10-11-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom (Post 1502330)
Am I correct in assuming that this doesn't apply to posts in WTB threads?

I'll make an exclusion for the WTB for the time being... But the members know how to find the dealers section also. It's touchy, but we've gotten too many complaints to ignore so it's become an issue for some members obviously.

We'll keep working on it to make it right.

Greenmtnphantom 10-11-2010 09:17 AM

Ok. Thanks for the clarification Carter. It doesn't effect me a whole lot I was just curious.

Titus 10-11-2010 09:21 AM

I believe it's two sided. And I'm not trying to cause any drama by posting this, just my opinion.

I understand we have a dealers section, but it seems like many members on here don't go looking there when they want something. Yes we have a search option, and a dealers section, but they'll just post in the WTB and wait for the offers to come in via post or PM.

Posting in the WTB with a link or notifying via post the potential buyer of X product is the only way some dealers make sales.

Tugboater203 10-11-2010 12:15 PM

So the Dealers section and WTB only for soliciting business sales, I can still sell personal gear as appropriate right?

Painthappy 10-11-2010 12:23 PM

Yes, of course, you can still sell as is... This is basically to stop unwanted solicitation in the tech threads, or other odd places.

Drum 10-11-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus (Post 1502350)
Posting in the WTB with a link or notifying via post the potential buyer of X product is the only way some dealers make sales.

If this is true, then I would argue, those dealers are doing it wrong.

And, to clarify, this rule only effects those who hold themselves out to be "dealers". If you have something for sale for a specific price that another person is seeking in the WTB... then post or PM that info. The fact that you are a dealer or not should not even have to be mentioned.

This new rule is meant to discourage all the thread spamming that has been occurring where various dealers use all different sorts of threads as a place to solicit business.

Edit: What HE /\ said.

Titus 11-08-2010 02:32 PM

Question:

I got a warning for posting in Yuris thread about his KP2, saying I had bolts. Careless on my behalf and I just PMd him instead.

I now get this PM from DPrekel that said this:

MCB Warning Email from DPrekel

Me: Opps, I'm sorry. I'll just PM him instead

DPrekel: You are not to PM users with anything you are selling. You can have a Dealer section for your items.

Am I reading that right? Or is that wrong? I can't write PM sent and PM the user about my product?

Please clarify. Thanks