mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

doglb:
The gun has metal body, but some key parts are made from plastic (cylinder including his gearing, his transmitting bar, cylinder lock spring). That gun is nice, but honestly, only cheap build.

howling phantom:
Most of chronos can read reliably even small .177 cal BB penlets. Paint diameter has in reallity no influence on readings on good chrono... and the values are on all accounts not biased with the paint size/weight. For 3357... the 300 fps velocity limit was supposed for .68" cal paint on the basis of his weight and surface area. Because the .50 cal paint has half of his surface area and only two and half of his weight, the 3357 should have in reallity 475 fps safety limit with the .50 cal paint. But most of paintball players and field operators do not know and understand that :-(. And even the Spotmarker valve is not able go for these velocities without mods and adjusting of the velocity - in the stock condition, the velocity is set deep below 300 fps... where is on the other side its efficiency great - drop out after 48-52. shoot.
3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Old 09-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
Has anybody modded these valves to get some higher velocities out of them? I've been tweaking on a similar project but if there's a magic bullet I'd rather know now then have to find out myself lol. This one will be cool if I can ever get it above 280.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge-NS View Post
Has anybody modded these valves to get some higher velocities out of them? I've been tweaking on a similar project but if there's a magic bullet I'd rather know now then have to find out myself lol. This one will be cool if I can ever get it above 280.
I think that it is simply sufficient take to parts the valve and change the stock valve spring for new one, weaker. And for efficiency can be good devolumizing the valve chamber - reduce his space with some plastic insert.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Gun Hoarder

Send a message via AIM to pwpaintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge-NS View Post
It is kind of mickey mouse but someone here said that you can add a rubber band to the hammer to make it hit the valve harder. This would be better than modifying the valve if you only want to see what you can do with it.
My Sale

My Feedback
pwpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Ive toyed around with the valve springs. I could get it up another 20fps but after that, it was too weak and caused the co2 to leak since the valve pin was stuck momenterily. The rubber band trick works okay, but its kind of hard to do, and pretty shady. You can try shimming the hammer, but its hard to keep a piece on the hammer without the force of the spring pushing it off at some point.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavistime View Post
Ive toyed around with the valve springs. I could get it up another 20fps but after that, it was too weak and caused the co2 to leak since the valve pin was stuck momenterily. The rubber band trick works okay, but its kind of hard to do, and pretty shady. You can try shimming the hammer, but its hard to keep a piece on the hammer without the force of the spring pushing it off at some point.
Softer seal material can perhaps help a little with the leak with the weaker valve spring. Or you can simply use stronger hammer spring - it is surely question of his best combination.

Improvement of gas flow will be most likely very difficult in case of 3357.

...perhaps dry to make some sealing between barrel and cylinder for velocity increases trought some efficiency gain?

Last edited by 3022; 09-30-2006 at 04:49 AM.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:35 AM   #18 (permalink)

357 owners say that a small oring between the cylinder and the valve face improve efficiency, but i highly doubt that it would ever be noticiable. It would also cause a pretty un-smooth cocking motion.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
sold for fish tacos

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
... and would lead to the gun not cycling properly because of the extra drag, correct?

What is the velocity change whn you add polished brass inserts?

Also, has anyone tried cronoing with the action open? (to tell how much the barrel actually does in the velocity area)
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
... and would lead to the gun not cycling properly because of the extra drag, correct?

What is the velocity change whn you add polished brass inserts?

Also, has anyone tried cronoing with the action open? (to tell how much the barrel actually does in the velocity area)
I havnt noticed any real diiference, its just a cheap way to fix a cylinder instead of dropping $20 on a new one.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It