mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
Shot a Crossover during an insert at Living Legends. The barrel wasn't that bad for being 12" instead of the 14" I usually shoot. Shot great, no breaks. Selector switch felt solid and I only used it in Mech mode. Grip frame feels like a 2x4, all squared off. Went bang when I needed it to, like a Tippmann. Not sure I would pass on an Axe or Etha for the Crossover though.

Jay

Best Field in STL

Last edited by JOESPUD27; 05-23-2012 at 05:24 PM.
JOESPUD27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Handled one at the Tippmann tent at LL5, didn't get to shoot it. Felt pretty nice in the hands, selector switch was solid, trigger felt TERRIBLE. I'm sure it's got some adjustment to it but man, I almost want to say the stock Ion trigger had a nicer pull to it. Only good thing I had to say about the trigger was that it did have a nice full radius on it which was a nice touch.

Other than that everything at least seemed "ok". It didn't wow me for a $420 gun though, though few guns in that price range do.
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Handled one at the Tippmann tent at LL5, didn't get to shoot it. Felt pretty nice in the hands, selector switch was solid, trigger felt TERRIBLE. I'm sure it's got some adjustment to it but man, I almost want to say the stock Ion trigger had a nicer pull to it. Only good thing I had to say about the trigger was that it did have a nice full radius on it which was a nice touch.

Other than that everything at least seemed "ok". It didn't wow me for a $420 gun though, though few guns in that price range do.

I wonder if that has anything to do with that spring people have been talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

CCM Fan
I enjoyed the trigger and it was stock as far as I know. Again, I only used it in Mech mode.

Jay

Best Field in STL
JOESPUD27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Excellent review

I actually held one at SG43. I wasn't really impressed with the price tag. I also asked about options. It did have a comfortable feel in my hand. Then again I shoot low end gun any way (Vibe,SP1,MG7 BT4 etc), that could have added the feel for me.

I did tell Tippmann why I would never buy one, and reason being was because of the "no option" to move the ASA. I like a drop and large bottle and that just isn't going to cut it with me.

Options are what players want and this isn't going to do it for me.

Later,
Blackrain
The Crossover has an optional rail that attaches to the bottom of the grip & acts as a plug for the internal gas line. You simply remove the factory ASA/Regulator & install the rail. You then install your favorite vertical regulator & connect it with an external gas line to your on/off asa or drop-forward. This way the Crossover can be configured anyway you want it.
TippmannEmployee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
my understanding was that you could run your own ASA and Reg on it as well if you wanted to, this was one of the reasons I was watching it. If they took away that option, I am a very sad panda
You are correct, there is an optional rail that will be available in a couple weeks.
TippmannEmployee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #27 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

as soon as they fix the bugs, i would love to pick one up to run mechanical. i have been looking for a good mech that is not a side fed hopper or a spider clone, or an autococker, or a high priced mag that i wouldn't know how to fix for the life of me. lol

so THANK YOU to tippmann for releasing this, just please work the kinks out of it asap... and if possible make a single trigger. lol

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #28 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippmannEmployee1 View Post
The Crossover has an optional rail that attaches to the bottom of the grip & acts as a plug for the internal gas line. You simply remove the factory ASA/Regulator & install the rail. You then install your favorite vertical regulator & connect it with an external gas line to your on/off asa or drop-forward. This way the Crossover can be configured anyway you want it.
That's what I was expecting. I'm still watching and hopeful. Even if Tippmann doesn't come out with a drop the afterfmarket will. I had a drop on my Phenom and I have a drop on my Axe as well.

I'm still looking forward to this gun. My Phenom had about the same inconsistency out of the box. After about two cases I broke it all of the way down, relubed and was then seeing +/-3fps over the chrono.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #29 (permalink)

Good all around review. Interesting well thought out marker. Its on my list of maybe markers for this next year. Like the mech mode.
peewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM Fan
So its June 1. At this point what do you think of it? At $429 its cheaper than the axe and will keep going with an electronic failure. Is it a better value?
swantrevor is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It