mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   MCB Reviews It (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/mcb-reviews/)
-   -   Tippmann Customer Service (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/mcb-reviews/239035-tippmann-customer-service.html)

PistolRogue 08-02-2013 11:09 AM

Tippmann Customer Service

A few weeks ago I bought what I was told was a used TiPX for a pretty good price. It didn't come with everything a new one would, but I was ok with that since the plan (as usual with me) was a ton of mods and a bunch of Zetamags.

Well, it showed up and it wasn't a TiPX. It was a relatively low-serial TPX. I know, "same thing", you say. But being a TiPX would have guaranteed all the "upgrades" from the early runs were already done. Being a TPX with a low serial removed that guarantee. The lack of an adjustable CO2 cap nearly sealed the deal that this marker had never received the factory upgrades to improve performance.

I could have gone back to the seller about it, but I believe it was an honest mistake and hold no ill will. Frankly, I should have asked a few more questions before jumping on the purchase, and such is life.

I emailed Tippmann via their customer service page, explaining that I had picked up a low-serial TPX second-hand, and that it didn't appear to have any of the factory updates. I explained that I would simply like a list of the updates and a cost estimate for the parts and shipping to my apartment. I received and email back from a Cody, asking if I was able to install the parts myself and if so he would simply send them out to me. I replied that I was and asked about prices.

I received another response that the parts were on their way, under warranty with no cost to me, despite the fact that I am not the original owner nor ever filled out any kind of warranty registration.

The parts just showed up today, and not only did I get the internal parts I needed to refresh this TPX, they also included a pair of 7-round tru-feed mags, which I didn't even ask about (or really need, but I'm not complaining).

Score another one for Tippmann! This goes beyond customer service, this is not wanting a single flawed product out there representing your brand, whether it's making you money to do so or not. While it won't have me trading in my eNMEy for a Crossover just yet, it certainly earned Tippmann a lot of respect and gratitude from me. :clapping:

Dr. VonDeafingson 08-03-2013 12:56 AM

Wow. That's almost enough to make me buy a tpx.

USForestService 08-03-2013 05:31 PM

I heard that the TPX update included a set of tru-feed mags I didn't really believe it. It goes to show Tippmann always goes the extra mile for their customers. Out of the 18 paintball guns I own 16 of them are Tippmanns. They will help no matter the problem. Anyone that has never owned a Tippmann should give them a try.

monty 08-03-2013 08:13 PM

No matter what you think about their products, their CS is top notch. My most recent experience was a year or so back. Bought a used TPX with 0 updates. Sent 1 email, and got an immediate response and the products shipped to me the same week.

StrayBlackCat 08-27-2013 03:09 PM

Bought my TPX online and got to use it once before my local fields all closed. Had contacted Tippmann when I got it to check for updates and received an adjustable CO2 cap and puncture unit. With no fields, I boxed it. Recently I decided that the two hour drive to a field is worth it and checked online for marker data to find the TiPX replaced the TPX and some internals were different. Phoned Tippmann and gave the serial number and they gave me the option to send in or install myself. A kit was sent at no charge and my marker is now a TiPX. If you buy a Used TPX and a kit was issued for that serial # but never installed, or completely installed you may have to buy the parts!:confused: Tippmanns records will show the marker as upgraded. Also if non Tippmann oil or grease was used, the warranty could be lost. A risk when buying used markers.:huh: The picture shows what I got in both upgrades.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7119/7...98f9d0e91c.jpg
:dancingb:First upgrade kit when I bought my new marker. The packet is grease.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7123/7...409d65bbd2.jpg
:dancingb:Second upgrade kit long after the TPX was discontinued. The part in the bag is a flat rubber washer.

Great support on active markers but I can't get the time of day for pre SL-68II markers.:bang: I will definitely stay with the Tippmann line anyway.:clapping:

The Flounder 08-27-2013 03:17 PM

If you are having any problems with your Tippmann markers find an event that they will have the trailer there and they usually will repair anything you have for free.

turbowagonman 08-27-2013 04:50 PM

It's been many years since I've had any Tippmann products, after reading this I may actually pick one up, if it's for a good price of course.

Hats off to Tippmann for their CS. :clapping:

Acidpaintball 08-27-2013 06:38 PM

Years ago I picked up a new Sniper barrel for my SL-68ii and 68 special. The barrel chopped paint so I randomly stopped into the factory.

Talking about awesome! The main tech there asked me to bring the marker in, so I did. He was in shock. He said he hasnt seen a 68 special in that great of a condition in years. Then asked to shoot it. I let him because it seemed like it took him back. He was so happy shooting it and gave me a few extra barrels free as well as hopper adapter and anything else he could at the time.

They were always great people to deal with.

Jaccen 08-28-2013 07:05 AM

Tipmmann's CS, quite frankly, really is about the best. I went up to the booth at Canadian Carnage 1 asking for C3 parts. The tech just looked at me saying "Yeah, we don't usually carry those parts to events. What's your address?"

1 weeks later, the parts were at my doorstep. He didn't ask to even see the marker, purchase receipt.........anything. I was super happy with that.

OPBN 08-28-2013 07:07 AM

Agreed on their awesome CS. Called them about a WAS board that had a loose connection. They sent me a complete new board assembly at no charge. Apparently, the WAS boards carry a lifetime warranty....