mcarterbrown.com

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Python Compression System Automag and Autococker

What is it?

The Python Compression system is an interesting idea in the realm of barrel kits. Instead of forcing you into an expensive system of backs and fronts, or custom inserts and tips, the Python system allows you to add barrel kit type bore sizing to any autococker threaded barrel.

How does it work?

Your Compression system will come with a back threaded for your type of marker (autococker, automag, angel, etc.) and several inserts. It comes in a

nifty plastic clamshell carrying case with

Your compression system nestled in foam cutouts inside. Once you size your paint by checking which insert fits it best, you slide that insert into the breech of the system.

Where it will nestle down against the bottom of the breech.

Now you simply screw your autococker threaded barrel into the top of the breech against the sizer insert and screw the whole nine yards into your gun. It's important to note here that even though the system is available for many different threads on the back of the unit so you can attach it to many different kinds of guns, the FRONT threading, the threading for the barrel that you must use is autococker threaded. This means that you won't be able to use it with your match annoed barrel unless you have cocker threads, and indeed, it may require you to purchase a cocker threaded barrel to use the system at all if you don't have one handy.

How well is it put together?

Fit and finish on the pieces are excellent, with the sizer sizes clearly marked on each one. The entire assembly went together flawlessly in my testing regardless of which sizer was used. I did end up going with slightly larger o-rings on the automag back as it felt a bit loose once I installed it on the gun. The larger o-rings did the trick though. The threads on the forward end (where you would screw in your autococker barrel) worked with every cocker threaded barrel I owned.

How well does it work?

That is a multi-part answer. As far as stopping rollouts for smaller sized paint, it worked flawlessly. I played with some of the smallest paint I have ever had in a marker this past weekend, and it performed 100% up to snuff. As far as accuracy, I have only anecdotal evidence as I did not have the time or the inclination to engage in a full test. It seemed to have no adverse effect on accuracy though. As far as increasing it? I really don't feel that it helped. However, I was testing on a medium bore Palmer barrel that normally has excellent accuracy. Hopefully I'll see more impressive results on my older large bore barrels.

Pros? Cons?

All in all I'm quite pleased with the product. One important thing to note is that this is an automag to autococker adapter kind of by accident. Everyone who wanted one but didn't want to wait or rely on a custom shop should check these out. The price really isn't that bad if you figure in the barrel "kit" aspect of owning it.

The construction seems to be quite solid, although I wouldn't want to just throw any of the pieces into the bottom of a gear bag, as they seem solid, but not too robust. You're not likely to break/damage any of the pieces with normal use, but you're likely to bend something if you toss a whole gearbag's worth of stuff on top of it.

Final thoughts?

Nice innovative niche product. I'd like to see more of this sort of thing crop up. It fills a need for me (automag to autococker adapter) while giving me something extra (sizing kit) all in a small, well made package. I'll have to give it two thumbs up.

The Compression systems run $59.95 for threaded markers, and $69.95 for Automag twist lock barrels. Extra adapters such as the cocker to cocker adapter below are $29.95.

FEEDBACK

Last edited by Robertsr; 02-14-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Nice reveiw. BTW The owner of Python did mention he may do some other AutoMag to such and such threaded adapters in the future. I believe he was thinking a5 threaded fronts. Don't quote me on that as its been over a year since I saw him at a game and talked to him.

Another thing to mention is these are sopposed to be able to work in a right/left feed AND center feed twistlock mag body.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Kilt Fan
Thats right, they do work left right and center.

FEEDBACK
Old 02-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
What is that tool in the middle of the case?
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Looks like the Automag detent and o-rings that go on a twistlock barrel.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
What is that tool in the middle of the case?

I believe it is a clip to hold the o-rings in the case! Python also has some Blazer kits based on the older, longer style and take cocker barrels.

My FS Listing
Misc bits-

My feed back:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1021

Carter's Commando Texas Division:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-division.html
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

They should make one Blazer to Cocker! That i would buy.
Peace,
Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Kilt Fan
The "tool" in the middle of the case is actually just a staple that held in a tiny little business card with contact info on it. I put the stock o-rings in there to keep them with the kit while I was experimenting with the larger ones for my mag.

I should also note that I have a custom, short body on my mag. Anyone with an uncut mag body may not run into the slightly loose issues that I did.

FEEDBACK
Old 02-14-2008, 07:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Awesome! I may have to grab one of these to use for my 'cocker project.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
I've porked many

I bought one of the Python Compression Systems for My Phantom. I am very happy with it so far. So happy in fact, that I am going to sell off my Freak set and WWA Frantom barrel.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It