mcarterbrown.com  

MCB Reviews It MCB Reviews it! Have a review of a new gun, or old gun you just tried? New Mask or Gear? Let us know what you think.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

My polished Minimag, Polishing by LK-13

After finally gathering all the parts I sent the body off to LK_13 to have it polished. Got it back a month or so ago. Very pleased with it.

To say I had done bad things to that body was a understatement. At one point I had started to polish it & gave up. Then decided to convert it to stock class. While removing the powerfeed I slipped with the grinder. That left a few not so nice deep marks. Then when I laid it on the welding table it tryed to weld itself to the table because I grounded the whole table.

Before pictures
You can see the bad grinds just under the feed in this picture. There are several other grinder marks under the feed.

here the other side. No real damage but just dull.

After pictures. Sorry its not easy getting picture of something that shiny especially at night.
As you can see the grinder mark is about 98% or better gone. Far better than I would have thought possible. All the other marks cleaned up. Oh the pigion dropping looking weld is even nice & shiny.

Now I must clean up the remaining pieces that have tarnished. But the body looks great.
cougar20th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Looks nice! Who milled the rail and ASA adapter?
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » MCB Reviews It