mcarterbrown.com  

Misc Paintball Items Tanks, Barrels, Hoppers. Everything else paintball related is sold in here

Old 04-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cthulutech Send a message via Skype™ to Cthulutech

Smile Barrel Covers

I made a couple and tested them out. They work wonderfully. Put half a pod of bad paint at overly high velocity though them and they didn't move and show no signs of wear from the ordeal. These are hand made, by me, and I'm just seeing what kind of demand there is for now. I can only make them on my days off (I work 50 hours a week and get two days off) so turn around may be a little slow. I'm thinking of making matching barrel bags and mask bags if there is a demand for them but those will likely cost more as the fabrics I get won't be on sale like the ones I'm using for the barrel covers. Anyway! Here's a couple pictures.

The blue one is for Frizzle. Put a small tear turning it inside out so he gets it for free. :3

I was thinking 20 dollars shipping included unless a more expensive cloth was needed. It takes about 5-6 dollars for me to make one in materials and about an hours worth of work to make one and about 5 dollars to ship. :3

These are made in three layers. The bottom layer is a heavy duty duck cloth, an inner liner of a two inch heavy webbing that goes all the way to the ends (not just at the tip) and then the outer cloth which I've been using furniture fabrics for so it's a fairly heavy duty one. The para cord goes through the entire cover and is sewn into the front of the barrel cover so it won't tear out and has a nice little clasp on it that doesn't move. If a clasp breaks I have no problems sending another back. I will send pictures to anyone who wants one of it made before I ship since I don't want to deal with refunds. Turn around will be completely based on the demand I get for now and I don't really want anyone to pay until it's been made so I don't have to give refunds for long wait times.

Here are some of the cloth swatches I have on hand, as well as the two shown I can make a couple more of. Planning on getting some brown lace soon that will be going on top of some purple fabric for one for myself, that one won't be quite as durable on the outside as lace is rather delicate but the inside layers will still be sturdy and provide plenty of protection. In other words, the lace will fray likely fairly quickly where any other material I expect will be good for years. They are all washable except the lace. I'll post pictures of that one when I get it. A few of these fabrics have an iridescent quality that is hard to see. :3

Also posted on CustomCockers.

Last edited by Cthulutech; 04-22-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Cthulutech is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » Misc Paintball Items