mcarterbrown.com  

Miscellaneous Markers Various Paintball Guns / Markers

Old 04-02-2012, 11:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Sounds good thx. I think I had it set at 300 psi. I'll try to bump it to 400
Cypher75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

WOW!!! HOLD THE PHONE!!!

Ok, i know that sounds like a good idea but DO NOT DO THAT!

my omen is running flawlessly at 300 psi.

what you NEED to do is take a .50 ( i beleive ) allen wrench and adjust the recock screw OUT. ( The recock screw is located on the left side of the body in a small whole, if your facing the way you would be shooting it. ) with the more pressure you raise, the recock screw needs to be further in, with the less, needs to be out more. its compensation. at 300, mine is out a few turns. Go adjust this slowly and carefully.

If all else fails, i can take a look at it for you, get it tuned up, and sent back.

Omens run anywhere from 250-500 psi, but you definetly dont want to be near 500 psi.

Last edited by ogti9g9; 04-03-2012 at 11:27 AM.
ogti9g9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogti9g9 View Post
WOW!!! HOLD THE PHONE!!!

Ok, i know that sounds like a good idea but DO NOT DO THAT!

my omen is running flawlessly at 300 psi.

what you NEED to do is take a .50 ( i beleive ) allen wrench and adjust the recock screw OUT. with the more pressure you raise, the recock screw needs to be further in, with the less, needs to be out more. at 300, mine is out. Go adjust this slowly and carefully.

If all else fails, i can take a look at it for you, get it tuned up, and sent back.
I think this is part of the reason so many people had trouble with these guns.

Recock pressure is not adjusted with the reg. There is a separate screw on the side of the lower tube that opens/closes the port that air goes through to recock the gun. Follow the instructions in the manual carefully and you shouldn't have a problem fixing this. The screw is CRAZY small and has an impossible to find oring on it. Be careful not to damage it.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

They do sell omen oring kits on ebay for omens that include recock orings, these are a tight fit though, the oring will sink into the valve, but you will have to add quite a bit of pressure when putting the screw back in to get it to the screw slot in the valve.

OH, one more thing, are you using the:

SHORT LPC?

or the

LONG LPC?

( LPC is under the barrel, funny enough, its the same threads as an autococker barrel. )

This can effect preformance. If you need a long one, i have one i can sell you, its blue.

Last edited by ogti9g9; 04-03-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogti9g9 View Post
They do sell omen oring kits on ebay for omens that include recock orings, these are a tight fit though, the oring will sink into the valve, but you will have to add quite a bit of pressure when putting the screw back in to get it to the screw slot in the valve.

OH, one more thing, are you using the:

SHORT LPC?

or the

LONG LPC?

( LPC is under the barrel, funny enough, its the same threads as an autococker barrel. )

This can effect preformance. If you need a long one, i have one i can sell you, its blue.
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I was thinking and nervous about the 400 psi honestly was afraid I'd blow out something. I'll tinker with the recocking screw first and see where that gets me. I think I have a really short LPC. I'll take a look though to verify. I haven't messed too much with the gun, I'll see if this week I can mess with it if I have any nitro.

Thanks again for both your feedback on this and your help. Seems like it'd be a fun gun to use.
Cypher75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Evil Omen Techmaster

Your very welcome!

The short lpc is about an inch long, were as the long lpc is about two inches.

If you have the short, you will need more pressure. why? well, the short had a flat face on the inside that didnt hold air pressure, so the air would come in a be used as quickly as it entered.

The long has a hollow inside that holds air, so it holds extra air pressure like a "reserve" which allows for a lower regulating pressure.

One other question that may have a profound effect.

CO2 Or HPA?

Last edited by ogti9g9; 04-03-2012 at 12:21 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Miscellaneous Markers