mcarterbrown.com  

Music Music in General, Bands, Swap Stories, Swap Band Equipment, etc

Old 01-28-2011, 11:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSG Paintball View Post
I really see absolutely nothing in common between Pantera and Holy grail. Holy Grail is awesome, but Pantera is...Pantera. It's like comparing Ozzy to Sevendust...just wrong.

It's crazy how peoples taste in metal is so different. I personally feel the other 2 bands I posted are way better than Holy Grail yet everyone here digs Holy Grail haha. I posted them on another forum and I got the same exact response. It's cool though as long as people find new music they like and I can supply it I'm happy about it!
your going to get that since i do not like 75% of black and death metal. since hate growls. comes down i can not hear what singer is singing . your also going get people that are not liking half metal out there but liking early years only from mid 70's to early 90's where it was glam heavy metal power metal speed thrash metal only. with out liking new heaver style play with growls not many people love growls or super fast of death/black metal style.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
I love this Place

I just listened to a little bit of Poison Black and they are not fast but great heavy ,chunky rythums.I think i will be checking out more European Metal.I also caught a little bit of Unsun but i dont know if i could handle her voice for to long. I will have to listen to a bunch of songs before i make up my mind on them.My cd store doesn't carry alot of the stuff(see below) you guys have mentioned but i will keep looking.
Bullet for my Valentine
Ministryof Saints
All the Clowns
Gamma Ray
Masterplan
Wuthering Heights
Blind guardian
Rhapsody

If anyone out there has the free time and wants to through together a compilation Cd of bands like this and maybe some of the European Metal like this i would greatly appreciate it.Pm if you want.Thanks

Feedback 37+0-
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...highlight=1s1k
http://customcockers.com/forum/showt...ewpost&t=10999
1S1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSG Paintball View Post
I really see absolutely nothing in common between Pantera and Holy Grail. Holy Grail is awesome, but Pantera is...Pantera. It's like comparing Ozzy to Sevendust...just wrong.

Thank you, at least somebody actually listens to them, and knows their sound. I couldnt compare Holy Grail to any of the earliest pantera from their glam/power years, and I cant draw any conclusions between Holy grail and Pantera post glam years....(yes I still listen to their early years).

It's crazy how peoples taste in metal are so different. I personally feel the other 2 bands I posted are way better than Holy Grail yet everyone here digs Holy Grail haha. I posted them on another forum and I got the same exact response. It's cool though as long as people find new music they like and I can supply it I'm happy about it!
You are right there too. metal tastes are very diferent. my two best friends are all about he death and black metal. I can actually get into maybe 1/10 bands that they like. growls and screams are ok in my mind, but I love it when its balanced out with some real singing. such as bands like trivium. I may get hated on for that one, or praised, never know, but they are freakin awesome. But my metal tastes are very broad I suppose, from my favourite thrash, to power, to some well writen death and black, to speed metal. euro metal is hit/miss for me, but I have alot of favourites, and I think everybody here has listed them... anything and everything, as long as it makes my ears ring, just right.

I think we may be getting a little deep for this thread though. All the man wanted was some suggestions on music. and really, Im being a jerk calling DRG out on the fact that he doesnt listen to Pantera. Sorry man, still too opinionated.
twiitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

that main issue your going to get since a lot people do not growls since can not hear what singer is singing other its way black and death metal play guitars since they say there not really playing the guitars.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Here's one I like....3 Inches Of Blood "Battles and Brotherhood"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1XxyvCS3o
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
I love this Place

OK i just bought Scar Symmetry-Holographic universe.
If there is a band that will push my limits of the death metal type "singing" its this one.The music is unreal ,heavy ,fast and the singer does both types of singing.When he is singing normal it is melodic and so good and when he is growling...well lets just say its growing on me.I am telling myself "Don't try and understand what he is saying just think of it as another instrument" and it's working.
Again thanks so much for the help and keep them comming.

Feedback 37+0-
Old 01-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

they use to singer for that now for Scar Symmetry. your going to have to give there new album try since little more growls then clean. and there working on new one now.
# Roberth Karlsson – death vocals, backing clean vocals (2008–present)
# Lars Palmqvist – clean vocals, backing death vocals (2008–present)
Old 01-30-2011, 02:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiitch View Post
I think we may be getting a little deep for this thread though. All the man wanted was some suggestions on music. and really, Im being a jerk calling DRG out on the fact that he doesnt listen to Pantera. Sorry man, still too opinionated.
Yeah I totally just don't listen to Pantera and just brought them up out of the blue for nothing. I haven't actually been listening to them for over 20 years.

Last edited by drg; 01-30-2011 at 02:56 AM.
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
I love this Place

I got Soilwork-the panic broadcast
Man if this band and Scar Symmetry wold have mostly the clean singing and just short breaks of the death singing they would be right up there for me.
There type of music with clean singing is exactly what i am looking for.I just cant take the death stuff for a whole song.I guess being 40 is catching up to me.

Feedback 37+0-
Old 01-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
You have probably heard of them, but Machine Head is one of the best metal bands out there, great vocals and really good music, they are awesome live. I gotta toss in Lamb of God cause they are pretty much my favorite band, but they are more on the garglin drino sided, but not screachy, you can understand the vocals. A band I also like, I like looking for female vocalists that don't suck farts, is Straight Line Stitch, that chick can sing and has a great sounding voice overall, IMO the best female vocalist in metal right now.

I like good powerfull vocals even if they are screaming all the time, as long as it is understandable and not screachy, I hate screach metal. I agree, there are lots of bands out there w/ serious face stomping instrumentals in their music, but most vocalists suck hard.

Added: you can't really compare anyone to Pantera, they were pretty much the kings of great Metal and will remain the kings for a long time, there isn't anyone out there now who can touch them, I can think of maybe one band but they need to release about 4 more good albums to get pretty close. Comparing annyone to Panters is like comparing gravy to brocolli, you may like brocolli, but evreyone loves gravy.

Last edited by crazyorigin; 01-30-2011 at 08:31 AM.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Music