mcarterbrown.com

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 01-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to mcgral18

.68 Cal Magazine/Pouch Size

I was wondering if the magazines (in my case RAP4, but Milsig's are the same size) fit in a single M4 pouch, or would they need a double M4/ AK pouch.

Looking to buy a vest, and don't want to mess up and waste my money.
mcgral18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
You want to fit milsig/rap4 mags into a vest? then I do believe that the single M4 mag pouch is just a tad too small.

I have one of these, and the milsig mags fit really well into the six pouches. I found it for a bit cheaper as well. It fits well when loaded up, but can be big on a smaller person. the only downfall I found with this vest is that it opens at the front with Velcro and snaps, I ended up getting two S carabineers and use them to hold it closed and it works great.

Tan Voodoo Tactical MOLLE Chest Rig with Mag Pouches - eBay (item 230569881549 end time Feb-02-11 13:22:05 PST)
Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Thanks for your information. At the moment, I'm thinking of one of the folowing vests.

The black one comes with a BDU and knee/elbow pads.

Airsoft Canada

This one seems similar to the ones you posted.

http://torontoairsoft.com/product.php?id_product=735

The second is cheaper, but the price for pads would actaully make it the same, 60$ plus shipping.

I am torn.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I have done the big vest like the first one you have there, It gets heavy and HOT, also, black does not make good camo if your going into the woods...

That vest also looks like the mag pouches sit a tad high. reloading is easier if the mags are a bit lower, just above your belt.

I cant see the second one you posted so I cant comment...

Are you running a tank on the gun or a remote? How many mags do you plan to carry?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

At the moment, I have 3 mags. Plan to get more when the D-mags come out, but with a Molle system, I can expand it, right?

I have a 13CI in the stock, so the tank doesn't matter.

I don't really mind about the colour, because it is a decent deal with a set of lightly used BDU's and pads; all black.

The field I play at is mostly woods, but a small village, so black does stand out slightly, but for the size of the field, it makes little difference.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Cool, Definitely take advantage of deal when you can. Just remember that in the long run it is cheaper to buy what you want the first time at a higher cost than settling on something cheap and then having to get what you wanted later...

Yes with MOLLE you can expand, and when you do I would suggest getting the AK mag pouches just to be safe on the size issue. I have some mag pouches in my sig as well as some multicam if that interests you. I can sell it off pretty cheap.

Colour in paintball matters very, very little. Camo will only help for a very short period of time but in the end someone will see you. If you don't care about colour then your one step ahead.

Get some Hawaiian!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport