mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 02-26-2008, 08:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

You should add the Extreme Rage X-ray to the beginner masks, these are great for the cash.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Un Tico

whats the way to clean your mask? i see that on the post it says water squirted on the lenses, never windex or any other stuff. there are some sprays out there sold on paintball web sites or stores, that clean and prevent fogging. are they a waste of time? just trying to keep my stuff better.
C_losjoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
whats the way to clean your mask? i see that on the post it says water squirted on the lenses, never windex or any other stuff. there are some sprays out there sold on paintball web sites or stores, that clean and prevent fogging. are they a waste of time? just trying to keep my stuff better.
There is this stuff you can buy at Bass Pro that keeps fogging away and lasts a long while. ITs green, generally its sold during the hunting seasons and there is usually a stand somewhere in the store with a person selling it. I find it works very well on non-thermal lenses.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

i am seriously thinking of buying a jt spectra flex 8 it says that it is a thermal lens and idk if that means it will not fog up.
Stevanj1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
You should add the Extreme Rage X-ray to the beginner masks, these are great for the cash.
I would also add the extreme rage Echo 20/20 in at the mid level
they come with a fan, though its a tad noisy.

What i would really love to see a manufacturer do is make a mask/goggle set that is totally dishwasher safe (perhaps using that new transparent aluminum technology that CNN was talking about) so a half hour later or so I can pull it out and have it be as good as new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
C4 Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to BLC_Misfire Send a message via MSN to BLC_Misfire Send a message via Yahoo to BLC_Misfire

I used to insist on JTs. I had an x-fire, and then got a flex-7 mask. They were pretty good, and I liked the wider field of vision with the flex-7. That was until I found out that a mask could actually be comfortable, rather than just tolerable.

I've since found that the V-Force line accommodates glasses very well, and fits faces with large noses much better than JTs (thank goodness). I personally like the field of vision better out of my profilers than out of the flex-7.

BLC is the team, Misfire is the name...
BLC_Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron View Post
I would also add the extreme rage Echo 20/20 in at the mid level
they come with a fan, though its a tad noisy.

What i would really love to see a manufacturer do is make a mask/goggle set that is totally dishwasher safe (perhaps using that new transparent aluminum technology that CNN was talking about) so a half hour later or so I can pull it out and have it be as good as new.
The V-force Vantage field line is dishwasher safe.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevanj1993 View Post
i am seriously thinking of buying a jt spectra flex 8 it says that it is a thermal lens and idk if that means it will not fog up.
It should not fog up. Sometimes they'll fog a little when it's really humid out, but it's rare for it to be that humid. The JT thermal lenses are about as anti fog as you can get.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #29 (permalink)

Any one know anything about the extreme rage 20/20 mask? I just bought 2 of them because my son and I both wear glasses. The fit is good and they have both thermal lenses and a fan. But I'm wondering about how they hold up over time. Previously we used the v force but found that we had a problem with fogging and condensation when its really hot.
baebebluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
interesting. I found the vforce with homemade fan way better than the 20/20
I had to wear one two years from sponsorship.
It was durable and held up ok. fans had a higher failure rate IMHO than JT or other fans.
I found the fan insufficent.
I didn't like the solid mask with minimal coverage.

Some teammates could eat a burger wearing one!

what works for YOU is what is right... The mask itself held up well in two hard seasons.
fan did not

Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport