mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

What is the best kind of regulators to use on a Tippman 98 Custom?

Hey, I was told to go to this forum from Paintball Forum, as you guys may know more about my question.
I am looking for a regulator/stabilizer to put on my gun to run co2 better. I can only run co2 I do not have any access to HPA or have an HPA tank and do not plan to turn to HPA for quite a while.
I am looking for a regulator that would hook in where my tank does, at the bottom of the grip, and then run my remote hose and tank off of that.
Please help me on this.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Check out palmers pursuit shop. They have a reg called the female stabilizer that will do what you are looking for.

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
BOB LONG!

CCM Fan
Alternatively if you didn't want to mount the regulator to the bottom of your grip frame, you can get an inline stabilizer and run it off your remote's ASA, then connect your remote to the output of the regulator and connect it to your gun as normal.

Inline Stabilizer [PPSP011] - $69.00 : Palmers Pursuit Shop, Where Custom Still Means Something

With this setup all you might possibly need is an NPT connector (which varies on your setup) to connect your remote's ASA to the reg's input. This is how I run my remote setups so I don't have to bother bolting extra stuff to the gun.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Yield and Overcome...

CCM Fan
On the other hand, there is the school of thought which would say a Tippmann really doesn't need a reg and that you might be better off saving that $100 to apply toward a whole new marker...

Tippmanns are fine. But you can gain a lot by stepping up...people here can help.

Last edited by Dr. PhunkyPants; 04-06-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 04-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deluxe super psychedelic

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants View Post
On the other hand, there is the school of thought which would say a Tippmann really doesn't need a reg and that you might be better off saving that $100 to apply toward a whole new marker...

Tippmanns are fine. But you can gan a lot by stepping up...people here can help.
very true. I poured so much money into my tippmann with upgrades meant to improve performance. in the end, it never shot better than the day I brought it home from the pawnshop lol

Photo blog: http://bluemorocco.blogspot.com/
If you are straight with me, I am straight with you : http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Created by Shade, stolen from foughtwolf's sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatmaster12 View Post
If I didn't play pump I wouldn't play, simple as that.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

Regulator between the quick connection on remote?

If I am understanding this right you main I can connect this to the front part of the remote hose and attach the other part of the hose to the regulator? Thanks for helping me out with that. I dont plan on adding anything else except a better hopper onto this gun. Except maybe a rubberized forgrip onto the gun, and a double trigger to reduce finger fatigue. But thats about it, I also plan to get another marker or two and customize them to perform nicely also. Probably gonna get a BT and a Spyder when I get the cash.
I also would like to try and get a good pump gun, never really had a good one before, but I think it would be fun to try out. So any suggestions on those would also be appreciated.

Last edited by The Hunter: DG; 04-07-2012 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Add more info.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Just wanna say it...

Welcome to MCB!

Victis Honor

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Nemo Malus Felix
Old 04-07-2012, 02:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter: DG View Post
If I am understanding this right you main I can connect this to the front part of the remote hose and attach the other part of the hose to the regulator? Thanks for helping me out with that. I dont plan on adding anything else except a better hopper onto this gun. Except maybe a rubberized forgrip onto the gun, and a double trigger to reduce finger fatigue. But thats about it, I also plan to get another marker or two and customize them to perform nicely also. Probably gonna get a BT and a Spyder when I get the cash.
I also would like to try and get a good pump gun, never really had a good one before, but I think it would be fun to try out. So any suggestions on those would also be appreciated.
I too would say skip the reg. Running the CO2 off a remote line will help keep liquid out of the gun, and that alone in itself will help keep velocities more consistent than if the tank was on the gun.

I tried a double trigger once on a 98. Found it very sloppy with side to side wobble. No real performance gain. Not really worth it.

Empire Traccer is a decent, and not expensive, pump that you could try out.

MCB Feedback AUTOMAGS.ORG Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-cameron View Post
Tom Kaye follows Jason Finne on Twitter.

Last edited by jason_finnie; 04-07-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
I loved my double triggeer on my A5 no side to side wobble and lightened the pull up a bit if you used the middle finger section.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
Old 04-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ok, so I'm not gonna get a regulator I guess, you guys have helped me out and I've asked around and most people say it really isnt worth it, and the remote hose does help I think. If I got an Empire Tracer what all should I do to it? Can I put an Apex on it? Does it need a regulator? And I plan on probably running one of those off of a remote hose also. Some of you guys might like it but I absolutely hate having the tank in the way.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport