mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 04-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
wanna-be pump player

Back to after 10 years - looking to play stock class

Its been 10 years since I sold my autococker, but I'm back and this time I hope to play pump or better yet stock class.

I've found a friends old sheridan PGP2 and am wondering if anyone around toronto plays pump or stock class?
speare13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Serious Business

You will love it. Changing co2 cartridges kinda sucks, but if you play it right you won't care.

I just played with my pgp two days ago. It's hilarious to see speedballers walk away with nothing to say when they get shot by a pump pistol.

B-17 feedback
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
\m/Ruler_of_Asgaard\m/

I'm from Toronto, and I play pump both at CQB in Toronto and at Ultimate Paintball in Milton. Although I just started playing pump really, its been awesome so far. Its really making me focus alot more on tactic/teamwork vs. just blasting paint. Plus, being that I'm on somewhat of a budget, things work out pretty well. CQB's great for this because they let you bring your paint back and don't charge you for a full day if you show up late.
Oden666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bland

Check the Canada section, as well as tdotballers.com - but, this is mostly young, douchey speedballers, so don't get too close.

There are monthly pump meets at Eastie Boyz in Toronto. It's a lot of fun. You should definitely keep up on that.

Hope I see you around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle911 View Post
I would also request common sense, but that's the most endangered species of all.

MCB Feedback
Tdot Feedback
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Autocannibal

AKA Fan
I play stock class! I think a few of us may be getting together on the 6th at CQB for an MCB meet up.

Some media from CQB Paintball
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
flinging poo

I started playing the early 90s. I took some time off from the sport from 2002-2012. I decided when I came back to play that it was going to be a fun game, not tournaments. I got a phantom and went to the field. I have since added a bunch of other pumps. Of the 8 guns I have 2 are semi, none are newer than 1999, and one is electric. It is fun playing with pumps and old guns. Fun is all it should be about.
paintballmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sneaky Little Bastid #3

Palmers Fan
Best advice is to search the forum here for "durty dans stock class faq"

Oh and welcome back to the game.
PB Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
wanna-be pump player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny View Post
I play stock class! I think a few of us may be getting together on the 6th at CQB for an MCB meet up.

Some media from CQB Paintball
Thanks for the invite, but I don't think I'll be able to make it out. I still have to get that PGP working, and have to pick up a mask and some 10 round tubes. I might come by to check it out though

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballmonkey View Post
I started playing the early 90s. I took some time off from the sport from 2002-2012. I decided when I came back to play that it was going to be a fun game, not tournaments. I got a phantom and went to the field. I have since added a bunch of other pumps. Of the 8 guns I have 2 are semi, none are newer than 1999, and one is electric. It is fun playing with pumps and old guns. Fun is all it should be about.
I definitely agree, however I also don't want to be the only guy on the field with a pump gun and everyone else has electros... getting shot that many times isn't much fun, so I've got to find some fellow pump players!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB Weasel View Post
Best advice is to search the forum here for "durty dans stock class faq"

Oh and welcome back to the game.
I will definitely look that up, and thanks!
speare13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
flinging poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by speare13 View Post
I definitely agree, however I also don't want to be the only guy on the field with a pump gun and everyone else has electros... getting shot that many times isn't much fun, so I've got to find some fellow pump

It isn't really am issue. You learn to hold your own and rely on tactics vs shooting large volumes of paint. I have taken many forts with my pump and I am usually one of the first picked to be on a team. Don't let the fear of electros get the beat of you. Worry more about the skill behind the gun. You will do just fine.
paintballmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Don't be intimidated by the speedball players. Get good with your kit and you will be the first guy picked when choosing teams. (Didn't you know that pumpers are way more awesome than speedballers?)
The eastie boys meet ups are not quite monthly. Dave and I try to organize them frequently, but with the winter being over they may be few and far between. A friend just opened a field locally to us (shelburne ontario) and I can promise you that I will be there a lot this summer.
Keep an eye on the mcb Canadian section, there will be roll calls popping up (hopefully) frequently.
And if your looking for tubes, 12ies or otherwise, hit up Dave (Snowzone) at pinniclepaintballsupply and he will hook you up.
If your ever at the field and see a Canadian Response jersey, come on over and introduce yourself we won't bite.
Oh, and try your best to make it out to Canadian Carnage this summer. There will be some sweet pump games going on friday night.
Pat.

Tell me why I had to be a powerslave.
I don't wanna die, I'm a god, why can't I live on?
When the Life Giver dies, all around is laid waste.
And in my last hour,
I'm a slave to the power of death.
p-bpat is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport