mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Newbie pump setup help

Hey guys,I have been playing pump for about all my paintball life(my first gun was a pump)and have been hooked to pump since I started.I wanted everyone opinion on my current setup.Next to everything is what I will probably upgrade within about six months. Keep in mind this is open class pump.

Classic sniper('cocker w/pump kit)
Ninja 48/3000 steelie-22/3000 Guerilla tank
Viewloader C.A.T-Proto Primo(maybe)
JT Proflexes-Empire Vidar
Invert jersey
Jeans-Valken fate pants
Cheap walwart cleats-Nike cleats
Extreme Rage gloves
Empire arm pads
Empire knee pads

Please let me know of anything that I should upgrade differently or buy next.
paintballguy2255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I would keep the Flexes, Get Valken Crusade pants, keep the pump for now, get a nice Carbon fiber tank like a 45/45 or 68/45 and get a 12 volt Revvy or Sportshot hopper. Dump the C.AT. They are worthless. Everything else looks good.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

A little nice gear is better than a lot of cheap stuff in my opinion.

Personally, I play in jeans or cargo pants. I don't even use paintball pants anymore and I had a $140 pair of Empire LE's. Just preference. I like my jeans and a tshirt over pants and a jersey.

The proflex is a good mask, but the Vidar is great too. I actually really like the Vidar, it's definitely more protective than the proflex.

For the tank, I'd suggest a nice carbon fiber system with 4500 PSI capabilities. You never know when you need to carry more air. Big games, scenarios, longer woodsball games, etc.

Try and hunt down a revvy off the BST. The CAT sucks. Out of those options, Primo.

Good luck!
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
A little nice gear is better than a lot of cheap stuff in my opinion.

Personally, I play in jeans or cargo pants. I don't even use paintball pants anymore and I had a $140 pair of Empire LE's. Just preference. I like my jeans and a tshirt over pants and a jersey.

The proflex is a good mask, but the Vidar is great too. I actually really like the Vidar, it's definitely more protective than the proflex.

For the tank, I'd suggest a nice carbon fiber system with 4500 PSI capabilities. You never know when you need to carry more air. Big games, scenarios, longer woodsball games, etc.

Try and hunt down a revvy off the BST. The CAT sucks. Out of those options, Primo.

Good luck!
I use the CAT because,as a pump player,I do not need any force feed loaders,yet do not like gravity loaders.The CAT,for me,is perfectly fine.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wait,I feel really stupid because I realized that it is a revvy because of two things:1)It says "viewloadeer revolution" on the side,and 2)It actually has an eye system in it.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Barned

Unless your playing speedball ditch the heavy-*** tank and go with a 13/3k and a tank buttstock and you'll be set. If you want something a little more balanced get a 50/45k or 68/45 carbon fibre because those will help keep your gun movement to a minimum when you're moving. Don't go with Empire Vidar's, those are renter goggles. JT proflex's are nice, keep those. I have the empire arm and knee pads and I can say they are very very good I once heard this on a forum, but I can't remember it but take this as advice: "Only upgrade your gear when you feel your potential as a player is limited". It was something like that. Also, if you get more into pball and pump you might want to get into mid or high end pump guns. Maybe a CCM if you feel you're in love with pump. Happy pumpin!
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
My "brother"

CCM Fan
You have to ask yourself this question :

"Why do I want to upgrade/change my gear, is there anything that's impeding my ability as a player? "

It seems as if you're perfectly happy with your gear, if so, then don't spend a dime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_controller View Post
I am a fag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_controller View Post
thats what happens when i leave mcb up at work.....
Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Not a bad setup. If you're playing pump I'd go with a 13/3K though just for the weight savings. I find that with a 68/3K my sniper feels ridiculously back heavy and it eliminates the benefit of not filling as much. Only reason I would run that tank on my sniper is for big games where running out of air and quick refills aren't an option. The proflex's I'd go for over the vidars and a revvy if you're playing with a sniper is a godsend that way you don't get misfires and such as you know a ball will always be there to be chambered. Everything else looks good especially going from jeans to actual pb pants especially for speedball and woods play.

Feedback +31/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
njk
Pump Player since 96`

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post

"Why do I want to upgrade/change my gear, is there anything that's impeding my ability as a player? "

It seems as if you're perfectly happy with your gear, if so, then don't spend a dime.
X2.

Autotrigger = Ramping for pump guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHSquared View Post
If you build it, we will spend.
njk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post

Yeah,you probably have a point there.That really sounds like some kind of ancient paintball budget baller proverb

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport