-   New To The Sport (
-   -   New pump (

eightabove 10-03-2012 12:38 AM

New pump
Hey I'm buying my first pump and I've narrowed my options down to the Carter machine sniper and the Azodin kaos pump plus. I want to get the most bang for my buck and not have to upgrade right away! I want to have a very good gun from the get go this time and I don't know which of the two I would be best suited for! FYI I want to play with and open class!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jebus 10-03-2012 01:01 AM

Carter Sniper is the better of the two...what is your budget?

sniper97 10-03-2012 01:12 AM

Get a CCM S6! IMHO, it is by far the best pump on the market. CCM makes a quality marker and has incredible customer service.

Typically a CM Sniper is going to sell for a minimum of $400+, probably closer to $500+, Azodin's new are much cheaper.

If you are on a budget, pick up a cocker/sniper pump or buy a nice cocker for $100 or less and add a pump kit.

DAVID(GEN) 10-03-2012 02:06 AM

I wouldn't get an Azodin
One of my friends had an Azodin. It stopped working so he took it to the local shop. The owner looked it over, replaced all the o-rings, and tried a different reg. The owner concluded that the Azodin was toast.

S6 All the way

towerofcards.19 10-03-2012 02:16 AM

If you haven't played pump before, I'd suggest you buy a less expensive pump to start with. If you're absolutely sure pump is the thing for you, then go ahead an buy what everyone else is suggesting.

Remember though, at the end of the day, you have somewhat spherical balls with nonuniform density flying through the air...

Jkoselka 10-03-2012 09:01 AM

Wouldn't go with the Azodin, they weren't bad but it is just a cheap pump. The Carter would be the better out of the two, however it will be more expensive unless you know someone who is selling it and thats why your listing it. Otherwise look for a cocker that has been pumped (which makes it a sniper) you can get those pretty cheap.

CCM is a great pump but they will cost you.

An alternative to consider is the Empire Sniper, it comes with a spring feed, barrel kit, and it is set up for open class out of the box, play the hell out of it and then upgrade.

eightabove 10-03-2012 09:32 AM

Thanks for all the help im going to go with the carter then!

Dr. PhunkyPants 10-03-2012 10:33 PM

Don't buy Azodin.

I would also not buy a Carter. The issue is that most carters are stock you have to learn how to count shots, use ten round tubes, and wear a stock class harness...this is all a heck of a lot of new gear to buy if you're not 100% sure you like the play style. That $400 Carter becomes an $800 investment in a whole new kit.

Go find yourself a nice autococker with a CCM pump kit on it. These will run you 175 to 225 for a VERY nice one and you can use the same hopper, tank, and pods you use now.

Try open class first then...a year or two down the road, if you want to increase the challenge factor, go to stock class. Just my $0.02.

Dr. PhunkyPants 10-03-2012 10:39 PM

Not my listing, but this is the sort of thing I'm talking can even upgrade the feedneck to a locking one later:

pirhana92 10-04-2012 12:03 PM

I'm gonna say buy Azodin. I've owned 2 and I loved them both. Great pumps for the price.