mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   New Pumper Roll out Question (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/220965-new-pumper-roll-out-question.html)

99BPS 12-12-2012 06:28 PM

New Pumper Roll out Question

So I got a new barrel for my Azodin Koas Pump
I know the triad detent system in the stock barrel prevents roll outs (or claims too)

with the new barrels, will I be having a roll out problem, if so how do I address this?

I'm new to pump and know this must seem so evident, im assuming bore-paint match, yes?

Jebus 12-12-2012 06:31 PM

The stock barrel has detents?

If you are using a gun without detents, and the barrel is a larger bore than the paint you are using, yes you will have roll outs.

Since it is a cocker threaded gun, get a freak back - and paint match your barrels!

99BPS 12-12-2012 06:37 PM

Well the marker has detents but the barrel has an oring that works as a third detent (triad detent system, so two in marker one in barrel)

Haha, indeed.
I'm going the low cost route for getting back in, because price forced me out. I became too much of a marker whore, and was spending so much on equipment and upkeep (read repairs I lacked time or knowledge to do myself)

I could't play anymore. Eventually I realized it was silly to spend on a sport I hadly got too play and stopped, (this was after I left the sponsored team I played for college, I got one more summer with em after freshman year but they replaced me cus I was not around after that).

So I'm buying barrels that go low on ebay, and trying to trade my ion for either a A/C threaded barrel kit or a few nice ones (working on a stiffi and one part ultralight trade now) until I have enough range in barrels to deal with most paint. But thanks, that clears it right up. If i'm having a problem I can always use my stock barrel. Also I should grab a smaller bore barrel for those times the paint is tiny and major roll outs are an issue.

To try and answer another question I've been having...what is first strike?
I never saw the term when I used to play, now its a factor in semi too...whats it mean?

ApoC_101 12-12-2012 06:45 PM

yea, the detents in the gun are anti-double feed detents, not anti-rollout detents... the barrel detent is there for the rollouts.

99BPS 12-12-2012 07:19 PM

Ah there we go, thanks for that!

James_Blond 12-13-2012 02:54 PM

you can get barrels bored for freak inserts for about $35 and inserts are about 12 new from GoG paintball(the new smartparts).

firststrikes ar D shaped paintballs that have grooves/fins on then that are more accurate and have better range than regular balls. Also very expensive and typically you have to have a marker made specifically for shooting them.

The Flounder 12-13-2012 03:01 PM

Just keep that barrel up! That is what I need to do with my SL68 II until I figure out a better option.

super_stanchy 12-13-2012 03:02 PM

shoot me a pic of your ion... i'd take a trade for my freak boring services, and yes i can do a stock kp barrel ;)

First Strikes (FS) are cool, nobody around here has em.... but im dyin to try em!

leathalh 12-13-2012 11:33 PM

You should also look into lurker eigenbarrels small bore and cheap price. Good barrels too. I use an ifit kit, its on the pricey side but works great and fits any barrel.

NotBrian 12-14-2012 08:44 AM

Nail polish or tape works. Lapco also makes autococker to autococker adapters in 680 that will stop a lot of rollouts.

The ifit kit also works, but is not much cheaper than a freak.