mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 02-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
G6R low pressure (lp) poppet questions

I did a quick google search and one on here two and I can't find a finite answer on what pursues I should look to be running with it. I'm new to the G6R and Bob Long in general so any help on tuning it would help.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I believe its to lower the operating pressure slightly and smooth out the shot of the marker. Mine came with it installed so i cant really give a comparison. But put it this way, i shot a g6r when they first came out and I didnt like them, i shot this one and it's my new favorite gun, the only difference was the normal vs lp poppet.

Oh and the obvious, pressure tester, no use even owning a g6r if you don't have a tester, its a headache. (which i dont see why they dont include a damn 50 dollar tester with the purchace of a 1k dollar gun >.>)

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
I have a pressure tester so that's no problem. I'm just trying to figure out what a good guideline for the pressures would be.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
Old 02-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
Whoops! Could I get this moved to the ask the experts section? It'll probably get more views from people that'll get this question answered in that section.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Token Ginger...

i find that 80/180 will sit me around 290 fps but i generally balance the lpr first then adjust the hpr for the chromo
ginger ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The LP poppet is slightly longer, so it opens up more allowing more of the HIGH pressure air to flow in

You keep your LPR at 80psi, install it, and go chrono

If all goes according to plan, you should be able to lower your HPR slightly, for instance from 200psi to 190psi

that's all it does
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
Thanks guys! I can't remember the exact pressures right now but the lpr is between 60-75 and if I remember right the hpr is between 120 and 140. I'll check it again tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
Thanks guys! I can't remember the exact pressures right now but the lpr is between 60-75 and if I remember right the hpr is between 120 and 140. I'll check it again tomorrow.
The best thing you can do for you G6R pressure wise would be to balance its regs....

Lurker method of sweetspotting regs.

1: Back out both regs or Zero out both the LPR and HPR to 0psi
2: Raise HPR slightly only to set LPR for cycling
3: Raise LPR to fully cycling ~45psi or so
4: Raise HPR until velocity begins to stop rising as you increase pressure
5: Raise LPR to desired velocity
6: Lower HPR a bit, then raise if necessary... you're trying to find the best HPR setting at the LPR setting you have. This may put your velocity over 300/285
7: Lower LPR slightly to field velocity

You can check your pressures with the tester once you're done to make sure you balanced them correctly, but a chrono is all you really need. This will leave your gun shooting at it's most consistent/efficient.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
The best thing you can do for you G6R pressure wise would be to balance its regs....

Lurker method of sweetspotting regs.

1: Back out both regs or Zero out both the LPR and HPR to 0psi
2: Raise HPR slightly only to set LPR for cycling
3: Raise LPR to fully cycling ~45psi or so
4: Raise HPR until velocity begins to stop rising as you increase pressure
5: Raise LPR to desired velocity
6: Lower HPR a bit, then raise if necessary... you're trying to find the best HPR setting at the LPR setting you have. This may put your velocity over 300/285
7: Lower LPR slightly to field velocity

You can check your pressures with the tester once you're done to make sure you balanced them correctly, but a chrono is all you really need. This will leave your gun shooting at it's most consistent/efficient.
That kind odd sounds like the way you sweet spot a reg for a sniper/cocker. I would do thus to mine if it weren't assist getting great gas mileage. I'm really trying not to mess with things unless its broken nowadays. That's the way I trend to break things. The redneck quote is "if it ain't broke change stuff until it is" I try not to go by this philosophy anymore.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
In all honesty, everything I've ever heard about the lp poppet just sounds like mechanically induced dwell. I've never shot a G6R with one so I can't comment first-hand, though.

I always preferred Lurker's Eigenram for older Timmies to give a nicer shot. The lighter rammer always seemed to give a smoother shot to me. However, that very well could've been my wishful brain trying to justify the purchase.

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport