mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 06-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #31 (permalink)
Noob Bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
psp is not full auto
it is ramping, modified automatic

the pros shoot 10 bps and everyone else shoots 12.5
Thank goodness. Are they shooting 10 simply to be fully within the regulations or is the cap officially 10 bps? Why does everyone else shoot 12.5, do most markers come stock capped- or have default settings- like that now? I remember it was always pretty discretionary on the field, the refs were god so to speak, and we always used to give the FPS and BPS limits a little room. Back in the day we forfeited a match at Pev's because our flag guy chrono'd 301 fps after he brought the flag back . Bps is something I never had a problem with since I always rocked a mech cocker instead of an electro, but our back guys would send clouds down range at a decent 15. I was always surprised we never had a problem with bps as a team, at least not especially compared to everyone else back then.
Spoondogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
depot damager

They capped the pros at 10 to encourage more movement. Most electro guns come with different modes.

MCB feedback
AGD feedback
anomoly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

PSP has been at 12.5 for a couple years now. They just moved the pro's down to 10 this year, probably as a trial that'll carry over to all divisions next year.

They're really strict on the rate of fire too, Virtue makes a really neat handheld chrono the PSP uses that spits out your FPS, the average variance in FPS and your ROF.

Most guns out of the box still come in uncapped semi. But they have adjustable rate of fire settings and a dedicated mode for PSP.

NPPL has also gone the way of the dodo after floundering the last several years with less and less players.

Most mechs are still legal for PSP, Mag's are the only big one that wouldn't be allowed due to the reactive trigger.

Last edited by fullofpaint; 06-24-2014 at 09:36 PM.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I started playing in 7th grade, and I'm 37 now. I personally wouldn't get overly nostalgic for retro gear. Modern guns are lighter, nicer looking, and have fewer problems than those 'Cockers and Angles everyone is pining for. I still use my warp-fed Automag in warm weather, but when I face the cold weather and brittle paint, you can bet I'm reaching for a high-tech space-dildo because it's so much gentler on the paint. I'd try a modern gun or two out if I were you.

Phantoms rule, just like they did when I started playing as a young man ...but nowadays, you can get an undercocking kit which is ergonomically superior .
Brad Quillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post

G.I. = Gardener/Italia.. meaning the gardeners not only have a larger stake in paintball than ever,, they own a piece of tippmann as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
Gog, DLX, and GI are all owned by the Gardners. Wouldn't up those two in the same category as AGD. They are still Smart Parts, just a different name.
Neither are correct, Gardners tagged up with Richmond Italia (the sole owner of GI Sportz) to form GI Milsim and tried to push 50 cal paint on us. After that went down hill, they split up. DLX and GoG are the ONLY entities controlled by the Gardeners at this time.
DamoNAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoNAN View Post
Neither are correct, Gardners tagged up with Richmond Italia (the sole owner of GI Sportz) to form GI Milsim and tried to push 50 cal paint on us. After that went down hill, they split up. DLX and GoG are the ONLY entities controlled by the Gardeners at this time.
I haven't kept up to date with what they own in my absence from the sport. I just figured GI Milsim became GI Sportz but was still a joint ownership between the Gardners and Italia. I stand corrected.
snoopay700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:16 AM   #37 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Quillen View Post
I started playing in 7th grade, and I'm 37 now. I personally wouldn't get overly nostalgic for retro gear. Modern guns are lighter, nicer looking, and have fewer problems than those 'Cockers and Angles everyone is pining for. I still use my warp-fed Automag in warm weather, but when I face the cold weather and brittle paint, you can bet I'm reaching for a high-tech space-dildo because it's so much gentler on the paint. I'd try a modern gun or two out if I were you.
I'll get my 'cocker, and you grab your space gun, and we'll toss both in a bucket of water before the game. See which works after.

Modern markers still have just as many issues as older markers, they're just different issues. I'd rather troubleshoot 'cocker timing over electrical issues on a modern marker any day.

Not to mention that 90% of the 'features' on modern markers are just cheat modes, IMHO. I fully admit my bias, though.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #38 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
I'll get my 'cocker, and you grab your space gun, and we'll toss both in a bucket of water before the game. See which works after.

Modern markers still have just as many issues as older markers, they're just different issues. I'd rather troubleshoot 'cocker timing over electrical issues on a modern marker any day.

Not to mention that 90% of the 'features' on modern markers are just cheat modes, IMHO. I fully admit my bias, though.
I've never played on a field that allowed anything other than semi-auto. I agree that ramping is lame. I just like that guns are available that don't break so much paint during the winter time. Breaking paint in the cold is the only reason I bought a modern gun, and I'm really glad I did. I really hate breaking paint. I have a made-in-America G6R now and it's really great in every way.

...and in my years of playing, I've yet to submerge a paintball gun. None of my teammates have ever submerged one of theirs. Invalid argument is invalid.

If it's raining, I usually use my Phantom and a Proto Primo loader.
Brad Quillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Play in Vancouver in the rain. It's, basically, like playing with a submerged marker

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #40 (permalink)
depot damager

I think half of the PSP events in the last few years have been played in the rain.

MCB feedback
AGD feedback
anomoly40 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport