mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 05-31-2009, 12:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

well, good gear can be less of a hinderance to you, and make you overall a better player. The thing to remember is, its such a small advantage, it doesnt really matter. Most of the increase in cost for that gear is for features, for example, the guy who shills out an extra hundred or so for an oled board (like me) is just doing it for a novelty, the board really isnt doing anything for performance.

personally, id rather shoot my cocker than any ego.
a_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Corp Por, Kal Vas Flam

here is a nice example:

guy drives a '07 audi to the field...plays all day with an ion

guy drives a beat up '87 nissan to the field...wait he does get there cause he gets pulled over for speeding, and arrested for driving during suspended license times (ie not for work) due to unpaid child support...if he did make it to the field he would be shooting a laser engraved luxe and constantly overshooting any children on the field with rental guns.

true story. some people value their image over everything.
souz4402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfblockcocker View Post
i have a half block but alll the rich dudes that have ego9 or sl94
always say they are better
now i think that its the user of the gun that makes the diference??
No... it's all about the player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepaid Lenin View Post
Who cares. If they are under 16 they can't possibly have been playing long enough to be "good". And if they are older than that, they are probably a bit smarter or more mature than to say that.
Ignorant much? I'd mull over your reply a bit... those are very generalizing remarks.
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Nope, it is all marker.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Est. 189£

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggfueler View Post

Ignorant much? I'd mull over your reply a bit... those are very generalizing remarks.
I wouldn't put myself in the good category. I haven't been doing this for long enough either.

At 16 you are still growing and changing, and your thought process is not the same as someone a decade older. If you had someone 24 years old vs the same person a decade earlier, the 14 year old is at a significant disadvantage. I think my biggest mistake was using the word "good".
By good, I mean that you are running near your fullest potential. Unless you are at your peak with nothing left to improve on, the weak point cannot be the gun. And you can't be that good when you are 16, (or 19 like me).

Prepaid Lenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

all on skill. people say if have cheap looking gun or some that not high end. you will lose. i see it all time when FPC group plays against recballers we teach them lesson. we even have some pros give pros give use props for show people its not the gun but the player. all my life playing paintballing i see this all over place. why are you play with pump phantom or pgp or any other pump gun. i say i play for the skill and challenge. people will think your weird but once you show them that low costing gun can out play them. they will start respect you or other way around. we had two set of teams where palm bay use to hold leagues. they would not play fair and get mad if some with low end guns take them out other people on field would laugh at them. we finally kick out of field. but its comes down to how you play the field or work with what you have.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
I wouldn't put myself in the good category. I haven't been doing this for long enough either.

At 16 you are still growing and changing, and your thought process is not the same as someone a decade older. If you had someone 24 years old vs the same person a decade earlier, the 14 year old is at a significant disadvantage. I think my biggest mistake was using the word "good".
By good, I mean that you are running near your fullest potential. Unless you are at your peak with nothing left to improve on, the weak point cannot be the gun. And you can't be that good when you are 16, (or 19 like me).
Paintball is like any other sport. There are many high school athletes these days are just amazing. The biggest factor will be experience and discipline... not age.

As a side note... I'm a supervisor where I work and I have several
un-disciplined adults to supervise, lol... and some of my best workers were of a younger age group.... so like I said... age is not that big a factor... it's all about dedication and discipline.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Est. 189£

In my experience, experience and discipline go hand in hand with age.

Anyways, at least we can agree that it's not the gun.

Prepaid Lenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
In my experience, experience and discipline go hand in hand with age.

Anyways, at least we can agree that it's not the gun.
At 18yrs your senior I have to sadly disagree. It's mostly true but not always... you'll learn this as you get older.

And yes... at least we agree about it not being the gun.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Nope...ive taken out people with a $29.99 Walmart special Brass eagle. Ive gogged kids in $3500 worth of speedball gear with a Splatmaster....

Its all in the player. NOT the gear....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport