mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bob
Rec Poster

Moving to Maryland

My wife just got her orders an we are moving to Maryland. I have been stations in Italy of the last four years and only a speedball field out here. We are going to fort Meade. What are some good woods fields around there? Also what is the area like in general? I am looking forward to playing some paintball Back in the woods.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Fort Meade has its own woodsball field, although its more like an outlaw field and plays once a month (maybe more?) very informal games.

Closest would be Pasadena Paintball Park probably less than 30 minutes away.

Then you have paintball Adventure Park in Taneytown MD, RobinHood Paintball in Aberdeen, OXCC in Chesapeake City. Cross over into VA and you have Pevs in Centerville, Hogback Mountain in Leesburg.

Quick rundown of those fields.

PPP: Only been once will not go back.

PAP: Been several times, they run small scenario games (60-80 players), one turf air bunker field (although everytime I have been there walkon groups have been told they are not permitted to play on it), a couple of woodsball fields.

Robinhood: Best place for walkons as its the last BYOP field in MD, well run with about 8 different playing fields. Its a good place to shoot left over paint from organised events.

OXCC: My home field, run large scenario games (250-450 players), lots of walkon fields and has well tended grass speedball fields with large events. Its also the furthest from you just on the edge of the Delaware line just over an hour away.

Pevs has the NPPL astro turf fields and some fields classed as woodsball that are fun to play but not in the woods Very commercialized and lots of kids birthday parties, fun place to visit once a year. I think this is the Pump Speedball team 'Rock n Cocks' home field.

Hogback mountain. I enjoy playing this field, the walkon play areas are fun, prices decent its just one hell of a hill to climb up to get to the playing areas. Worth going to at least once a year. They also run basic scenarios there twice a year? with 200 ish players turning up.

Hope that helps, feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

Maryland has some seriously nannied up gun laws.
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
Ft Meade is a good area. Howard County in particular is consistently ranked as one of the top counties in the country in a host of categories, although I am a good bit biased on that, lol.

Do you need school info for kids or anything? Business/job opportunities?

And dox Zox, gun laws are showing signs of potentially getting better, they just had a court rule that MD's "show need" requirement to carry wasn't cool.
"WHY is that guy licking Criticals pants?"
My Feedback
Critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Eph 2:8&9

I think Jincay covered most of the fields in the area, but I would also mention Paintball Sportsland in Frederick County. It's still BYOP and the fields are decent. Relatively cheap at $20 with all day air.
maliitbato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Pump It Up Multi-Pack: June, August, & November at OXCC in MD

And if you are into pump play, keep these games in mind for the summer at OXCC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
A KL is like a samurai sword and should reflect the soul of the owner.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post160057 MY FEEDBACK
skipjack289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bob
Rec Poster

So we moved a year after posting this. We are living on fort Meade and am going to play Saturday. Are all these fields open/good places to play? Looking to play in the woods.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 07-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

CCM Fan
As far as I know they are all still open. Robinhood is prob the closest that has woods ball fields. I'm kinda biased, it and oxcc are my favorites. I'm in laurel and can make robinhood in about 45 minutes on sunday mornings.
Craig 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Welcome to the neighbourhood.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Bob
Rec Poster

Anyone going to play this weekend I could tag along with? I don't want to leave my wife with the kids without a car. I'll trow in gas money

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Northeast