mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #211 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
25.00$ is cheap for a BYOP all I would ask is let us play the better fields. I know where they are and they never bring us to them. As far as that first field up the mountain it would not break my heart to play there again! So I would say do it at 35.00$ for the day and bring us to only the good fields! My 2 cents. And Slim as always you were a great host and I will be back! Feyd............
Old 10-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #212 (permalink)
Shi Tamagutsu Ka

Although circumstances kept me from playing, I was there Saturday night night, Sunday morning & again Sunday afternoon.
The Saturday cookout was great. The dog loved the fish CraigO left within reach and I gave out at least 4 lbs of venison flank to people with grills.
Ambers' pumpkin squares deserve special mention ~ Tasty +++!!
Bucky took charge of the firepit & had it going well before I arrived and still crankin when I left around midnight. I heard it kept going several hours past that.
Sunday morning there were lots of stockplayers gearing up, and some old friends who were not there to play - One friend came all the way out knowing he would not play, just came to meet with some of the best folk playing & enjoy the cameraderie.
I had to leave early to go do my theatrical gig, but not before loaning out one marker and a 12g changer. I got both back from CraigO when I returned just after 3.
Of course, by the time I got back everyone other than moongod had already left.

I did speak with James O'Grady. It was not spoken outright but I had the impression that from a business standpoint, there is more going into the field than coming out.
Todays economy makes it hard to stay open under those conditions.
They may not even do the Toys For Tots this year unless they get more support from the players.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #213 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Send a message via AIM to shoot to thrill

Palmers Fan
Even though I did not attend the camp out I would have payed a lot more than $20 for a day of play there. Though I would have liked slightly less brain dead refs.

MCB Feedback

New England Waterman, a nautical life

New England Waterman Photography
shoot to thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #214 (permalink)
08sdekim

Brass N Wood Fan
Ref: "Do you guys want to play respawn?"

Everyone: "NO!"

All in all a fun day, I'll have a couple of photos ready eventually. I forgot to pack an SLR and resorted to my pocket cam. Next time I'll be more prepared!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #215 (permalink)
ye olde bastid

Had a great time as usual. Grand time around the campfire and the feast and beverages weren't half bad either. Big shout out to Feyd for providing transportation, food, furniture and entertainment. And to Slim for continuing to put this event together.

Would gladly pay $25 or $30 to keep attending this event. Would like to have played more games on the fields we enjoy, but that is something we can work on for next time.

Two comments on refs:
1. One of them seemed to be making some effort - he paint checked another player and then myself when I asked him to. The other ref I only saw sitting on a rock.
2. Rather than trying to run the games efficiently, I felt they were trying to appease us, defer to us and pretty much went along for the ride. While this was pleasant, it didn't keep things moving. And part of the blame for that falls on us as well. A lot of time standing around, waiting for players to get to the field or to get back from reloading paint.

My suggestions for future TAC events is to police ourselves a little better in terms of getting ready to play and charge the refs to keep us moving. It is stock class, so we need a little time between fields to load up paint, but once we head out we should get things rolling. If someone can't make the field before the game starts, they jump in the next game. No biggie.
More games, more fun.

TheFeedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
TheYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #216 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am in agreement with all that has been said. If we can work out an agreeable deal with Strategy, then we will only play the better fields there. I, for one, could pass on the two fields we played on Sunday, unless the layout changed somehow.

Yoda brings up a great point about doing a better job getting the games moving along. The refs were indeed just along for the ride, and were letting us set the pace.

In order to get in as many games as possible we (I) definitely need to take the lead in getting things going. So, for future games we will have a specific start time for the first game in the AM. If anyone isn't ready, then they'll have to sit out till the start of the next game. Walking on to a game already in progress won't be permitted.

Everyone will need to carry enough paint and CO2s with them to last however many games we'll be playing on each field. We lost a lot of time waiting for players to go back to their cars and reload in between games.

All games will have a time limit - probably 30 minutes. We'll also have a set amount of time for lunch. Normally we get in 8 to 10 games in a day. Sticking to time limits and making sure everyone is ready to go should maximize our day of fun. After all, we're all there to play paintball, and a lot of us drive long distances to get there. It's only fair that we respect each others time (and money), and try to get in as many games as possible.

Authorized CCI Dealer Specializing in Phantom Repairs and Custom Work
Serving the Greater Fairfield and New Haven County Area of CT Exclusively

Buy my BadAss Stock-Class T-Shirts

My CCI, RTR, Carter, Flasc and TechT Stock-Class Parts Purge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.
My MCB Feedback
Slim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #217 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Speak for your self! I'm there for the party! LOL!!! Feyd...
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #218 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Games

Speak for your self! I'm there for the party! LOL!!! Feyd...

I second!

Great if we could camp out starting Friday night and play Sunday.

Not sure my liver would last that long

It pays to be insane.
TouchofGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #219 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Ya, I think I would be dead! Feyd....
Old 10-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #220 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Good thing game was on scheduled last week as it is cold and pouring in East Hampton this morning.

It pays to be insane.

Last edited by TouchofGrey; 10-14-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: sp
TouchofGrey is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Northeast