mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
Cool Outlaw fields in Houston Tx?

Well does anyone know of any outlaw fields in or right outside houston?
Ugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

I used to live in beaumont and then china, china is 15 minutes outside of beaumont towards houston and it took me an hour from beaumont to houston with good traffic. I don't know if that's too far, but when you get into that area there are several outlaw fields. If it's something you would consider do-able hit up craigslist for that area. If You can travel 30 minutes farther vidor has a bunch too.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but it's been more than 10 years since I've been back to TX, and honestly, the way that area has been battered by hurricanes in recent years, I'm pretty sure none of the fields I help set up are still standing. If warzone was still open, I would say check them out, it wasn't a bad place to play, but they shut down in 2000 I at least got to hit up some of the last games, last time I ever went to a pay to play too.

I miss that area. everyone I grew up with is still there too. it's crazy. I honestly don't know why I haven't ended up back there...

edit: I know this isn't outlaw, but check out this craigslist add. http://beaumont.craigslist.org/spo/3518044365.html it's passes for this field. http://www.paintballstoreinc.com/sg/index.htm I've never been to that field before, have you played it? if so, what's your opinion on it? I figure they have to be doing something right to be open since '87

Last edited by Melvin; 01-17-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
Wink

Thank you... Maybe we could meet up sometime deep in the heart of texas and play some outlaw ball
Old 01-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Brass N Wood Fan
Oh and by the way i actually know the owner of survival games of texas and though i would never tell him this his paint is way overpriced at $90 per box...so no ive never played there
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

bevil oaks is a good one too, right next to china and beaumont I had to look up the name couldn't remember it to save my life. We would just take off from my friend's house walking into the woods until we found a cool place.

once you into some deep woods where you don't have to worry about houses/traffic you'll notice that it's good sized bits of land continuously broken up by streams that have cut out deep ravines (6-10 ft deep) and every piece of land is like having a new field set up.

The one that always sticks out in my mind was completely covered in ferns about 2-3 ft high with downed trees scattered around

Good luck with the search, I'm trying to get in touch with old friends to see if any of them still play, but they check their facebook stuff about as often as I do, so I'm not holding my breath on responses to be honest.

And if I ever do find myself out that way again, be sure I would hit you up.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugler View Post
Oh and by the way i actually know the owner of survival games of texas and though i would never tell him this his paint is way overpriced at $90 per box...so no ive never played there
He was mean and grumpy over 20 years ago, I can't imagine now, and I never had any trouble with him personally. His paint was high priced then. I don't think experienced players hang around there, but he manages to keep it going one way or another. The only real outlaw field I could think of was in Orange, on the other side of Beaumont, which I won't drive for.

There's a fair number of public fields that will let you do your own group with a ref. One may be close enough to you to trade field fees for gas. I just try to round up enough friends in the public rec ball fields to keep things moving the right direction.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields