mcarterbrown.com  

Outlaw / Private Fields Playing paintball in your backyard or other non-business run field

Old 12-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbutter View Post
When my church bought land to build on, there were three abandoned houses on the property. Not quite big enough that two teams could play against each other inside, but we would have one team defend the house while another attacked from the outside. Very fun.

The best thing that ever happened, though, was when a local DEA agent found out and asked us if we'd be willing to play terrorist/drug dealer while his FAST teams practiced storming the building. That was awesome. Best day of paintball I've ever played, no contest.
Who won? Dealers or DEA! That would be a blast!
Old 12-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
Who won? Dealers or DEA! That would be a blast!
The DEA teams dominated us 95% of the time, even though we had the element of surprise. We would post up in the house, and they would approach in three-man teams, back-to-back-to-back, each guy covering about 180 degrees. No fast smash-and-grabs like you see in the movies. They would methodically move through the rooms one at a time in unison, trying to make sure their back and front and sides were always covered.

Most of the time I could never get the jump on them. As soon as I popped my head around a corner, I got double-tapped in the mask with M4 simunitions. Then I had to go down, per the rules the trainer outlined. I think I only hit five or six guys all day, and they were newer trainees with less experience. My funnest moment was probably when I knew they were about to enter a hallway and I decided to unleash half my hopper to make them think twice. One agent still tried to take a quick peak and took a neck shot at about twenty feet. Started cursing up a motherf-ing storm. Then his two buddies snap-shot me with full-auto bursts. I think I took about ten hits before they stopped.

Best part of the day, though, hands down, was when one of my friends had his gun go down early into the day, and the DEA training agent said to him, "No problem. We have a spare M4 you can use." So he got to shoot blue wax bullets at DEA agents with a full-auto M4. So jealous.

Now back to the OP. As awesome as it is, you need to be REALLY careful about playing in "abandoned" buildings. Fact is, most of them aren't really abandoned, just unused, and if the owner finds you on the property, you could find yourself in big trouble, so if you can't get permission, stay away. One time my buddies and I were playing in the woods, and I thought we were on my parent's property...except that we had wandered too far and ended up on a neighboring property. Police showed up...wrote us each a $400 ticket for trespassing...threatened to confiscate our markers. Only reason we got off was because we were college-aged at the time, and we played the ignorant card really well. Probably couldn't get away with that now.

My AO Feedback

Want to cover you stainless steel lines with something nice? I've got heat shrink tubing.
rawbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Used to be one in central MA, maybe 15 years ago - legit field in an old warehouse with 30ft ceilings on the ground floor and offices upstairs; the whole thing was a "battlefield" with fillstation and office trailers in the parking lot. Some kid slipped and hurt his leg on the stairs (ouch, a bruise) and sued the crap out of them, so they shut down. Field insurance is screwy on buildings these days. It's fun to play in a building, but once the place is full of paint things are slippery and it's a bitch to keep clean, so be careful.

An abandoned building could be fun for renegade games, but most were abandoned for a reason and probably haven't been kept up, so be wary of that too.

Shootist - We used to play bushball in/behind Hospital Hill in Northampton before the liberals got their hemp tampons in a twist and decided to kick us out so we wouldn't "ruin" the abandoned creepy mental hospital with our "facist war games" (irony, eh?). I think they tore it down a few years back.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Paint Dribbler

Man, I would love to play some if the places you guys have mentioned. The DEA drills sound fun too. Too bad you couldn't have gotten some training!

If this was 10 years ago, I'd just go play. But now that I'm an adult, I'm sure things would be different. I might attempt to contact the owner of the property, just to see if it's feasible.

As I remember, one of my favorite abandoned places to play was an old water treatment plant in a canyon. The pools had all been mostly filled with rocks and there was a small building that had all the pumps and offices in it. We would each try to control the building. Good times.
spikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
http://www.safetywolf.com/about-safe...tel-field.html

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Ohhh...I'll have to keep this in mind for the next Dragon*con...

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
Ohhh...I'll have to keep this in mind for the next Dragon*con...
So you are part of the reason I hate labor day weekend. J/K Yes u should check it out it is pretty cool :P

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #18 (permalink)

I was just thinking about this the other day...i was driving through town and thinking man it would be great if this part of town went to **** and everybody left,lol.
shibyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

This thread actually reminded me of an abandoned Renaissance Fair near my house. I've tried for years to get permission to play there, but no luck.

Drone Discovers Abandoned Renaissance Faire Deep in Virginia Woods | Roadtrippers

My AO Feedback

Want to cover you stainless steel lines with something nice? I've got heat shrink tubing.
rawbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Autocannibal

AKA Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_vEx1_re14

Feedback
tiny is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Outlaw / Private Fields