mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #41 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to druid

I wish Mike M a speedy and painless recovery

and for the record, he was struck in the temple and the lightening blew out his heel.

Mike M is a stand up guy...a paintballer that every member on MCB would be proud to play with or against.

Last edited by druid; 07-17-2010 at 01:05 PM.
druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
...Not sure what that was

I used to get criticized all the time when i ran our local field, if i saw lighting, or heard any bit of thunder, i called the game, got everyone into the staging area. People used to laugh at me, tell me i was crazy. But, a lot of times you're in the middle of a large open area, groups of people running around with metal markers, metal tanks, it could happen. Its sad that it did, and i hope he's doing well, with no permanent injuries. But most fields/owners should take head of this story, and re-think some of there policies.

...On the plus side, this guy now has THE MOST BADASS paintball story...EVER! He was so ninja that day, only Thor could take him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieo View Post
I don't need it in my hands....the picture is right there. Cool thing about pictures: they give you an accurate representation of what something will look like. They've been doing it since 1822, or so I'm told.
Feedback
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
...On the plus side, this guy now has THE MOST BADASS paintball story...EVER! He was so ninja that day, only Thor could take him out.
That's what I keep saying. He survived the wrath of god head on. lol

On another note. He's starting rehab now. He still has problems with his one side and gets frustrated by his lack of movement. His burns are starting to heal but he's still in a lot of pain. I believe his parents are coming back if they're not here already and his girlfriend is going to continue to stay down there while he's in rehab.

Final note. His best friend on our team was talking to him and joking around when he mentioned what his gun. Mike said that it might still be working....
Only time will tell
Raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #44 (permalink)

Good to hear he is starting to recover from this.
CaTFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #45 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

I feel sorry for the guy, and i hope he doing well and recovering... However, why the hell do you play when you hear lightning in the distance? Like, at my field in Miami, rain and lightning is common and Florida is the leading state for most lightning strikes and injuries due to them. So we hear them and once we feel they are landing a few miles away, we tend to go back underneath the tents and wait it out... Hearing that a guy got hit by lightning while playing paintball just makes me face palm because i think it's pretty stupid to play under said conditions. But, with that being said, I was not there and do not know the specifics of the situation.

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #46 (permalink)
Smells like teen spirit.

Send a message via AIM to cenonfrancis Send a message via Yahoo to cenonfrancis Send a message via Skype™ to cenonfrancis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj Tom View Post
Lightning's not fun. My brother and I got a good shock after lightning struck our neighbors tree about 50' away. We were playing Smuggler's Run 2 on the PS2 and it just turned white outside, ears began to ring and it felt like I got kicked in the chest.

Toasted the PS2, controllers, tv cable was melted up to the lightning arrestor, 6 tv's in the house and my watch.
thats a crazy experience man.
MCB Feedback
cenonfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
I feel sorry for the guy, and i hope he doing well and recovering... However, why the hell do you play when you hear lightning in the distance? Like, at my field in Miami, rain and lightning is common and Florida is the leading state for most lightning strikes and injuries due to them. So we hear them and once we feel they are landing a few miles away, we tend to go back underneath the tents and wait it out... Hearing that a guy got hit by lightning while playing paintball just makes me face palm because i think it's pretty stupid to play under said conditions. But, with that being said, I was not there and do not know the specifics of the situation.
Just talked to him today. He flew home on Friday but we just went to a tourney in Pittsburgh. We got back yesterday and went to visit him today. He said there was no lightening or thunder prior to getting hit and it only just started to drizzle. He heard from other people at the field that it was LITERALLY the ONLY lightning strike anyone saw or heard. He looks good though and seems in pretty good spirits. He's getting more movement in his left side but the nerves are still pretty shot. He's still not sure of his marker so he's going to try to get his buddy to send it to him from CO. We were originally mistaken as to where he was hit. We were told he was hit in the head but he was actually hit between his shoulder blades. It ripped a 4" x 5" hole in the back of his shirt. It went out his left foot and he has really bad scarring where it left his body and some scarring down his leg which is actually shaped like a lightning strike (a real one like in the sky. Not the Flash Gordon type zig zag one). He's getting better slowly and really just hates not being able to do stuff. He's not the sitting still type.
Anyway, just wanted to update you all.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
This is Madness!

CCM Fan
Glad to hear he's back on his feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I love how DMW douches want so badly to justify their douchocity! I remain steadfast in my position of counterdouche douchebaggery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
It's cool, no one can resist playing with an eightball. They're pretty much the best toy/decision making device/CEO of General Motors, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRaptor
FEAR NOT, FAIR WOMEN, FOR THOU ART SWAG AS F***!
thisissparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #49 (permalink)
could use a little doe...

Send a message via AIM to Buck Send a message via MSN to Buck

Fan of EMR
Yep! I don't want to be rude but at least he has cool marks on him for when he tells the story to people. Hopefully his nerves get better!

<Pif> I bet. Sandriges are the epitome of awesome. Coolest electro ever.
<Pif> If it could move itself, I'm sure it would attempt to hunt down John Connor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottthetot View Post
no ones gonna want to fight something dressed as a giant deer
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #50 (permalink)

I also wanted to publicly thank Hooligan for putting together a benefit for our teammate. Hooligan had a big C.O.D. game at his field. During the big game they ran auctions for gear, gift certificates, etc and set out a donation jar. Together they managed to raise $360 for Mike. Others involved in the fund raising were DMS Scenario paintball, DMC paintball (gift certificates), Hustle paintball/Team Anomaly and all many other CO ballers.
Hooligan contacted me via PM when I first posted to let me know what they wanted to do. After the game, they sent me the money and the team gave it to Mike today during our visit. We also were getting money together from our team account and pooling money from family and friends to donate to him. We wanted to give him some money to give to his family to help offset any costs that they may have incurred from visiting him. We found that the Military really helped the family out while they were there but they couldn't cover everything so we figured he could dole out the money better than we could. Over all, I believe we managed to gather close to $1000 for him.

Paintball sometimes has a bad rep since usually only the stupid things people do with a marker make the news. It's great to see that the paintball community can come together to help out someone that they haven't even met. It makes me feel good to tell people about all the well wishers on here and the acts of many fellow ballers. It's nice to know that we still have a close knit, caring community out there. On behalf of Mike and the rest of our team, thank you all very much.

Ryan (Raeven)

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News