mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 12-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Tippmann Acquires NXe Paintball - Official Press Release

Tippmann Acquires NXe Paintball

Purchase will provide Tippmann with comprehensive new soft goods offering

BUFFALO GROVE, Ill. (December 21, 2010)
– Tippmann Sports has acquired NXe, a manufacturer of soft goods for the paintball industry. The acquisition combines the industry’s leading paintball marker brand with the leading soft goods brand. A full line of paintball harnesses, protective gear, tank covers, apparel, bags, pods and other miscellaneous accessories will be immediately integrated into Tippmann’s existing product offering.

Howard Kosick, President and CEO of Tippmann, commented, “By acquiring NXe, we’re adding a well-known and respected brand to our portfolio with a strong reputation for innovation and quality – two credentials Tippmann has maintained for more than 25 years. This move provides us with a comprehensive new product offering as well as access to NXe’s factories, both of which are extremely valuable.”

John Bosch, President of NXe, added, “It is with some sadness that we sell NXe, a company we built from the ground up over the past six years. But, it’s time to focus on our other businesses and we’re very excited that a company with the reputation of Tippmann will continue to carry on the NXe tradition. We really couldn’t have asked for a better situation.”

The 2011 designs are complete and most of the new items are expected to be part of the Spring launch. Patrick Ehren, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Tippmann, commented, “Although we’re excited about moving forward, we do ask that both NXe’s loyal customers as well as Tippmann customers remain patient as we work through the integration of the two companies, including having the right inventory mix. We expect there may be some bumps in the road, but we’ll do our best to maintain the highest level of customer service and also keep everyone informed along the way.”

On a related note, Tippmann Sports is pleased to announce the hiring of Theo Collins as Senior Product Manager for Apparel and Soft Goods. In this newly-created position, Collins will seek out opportunities to enhance and expand the company’s line of performance apparel, street wear and other soft goods, including jerseys, pants, vests and protective gear. He joins Tippmann after serving as Director of Product Development at Boombah Inc., a rapidly-growing brand of athletic-inspired clothing and related sportswear. While at Boombah, Collins was responsible for the development of numerous new apparel lines from concept through final production.

“Theo has a unique skill set that makes him an absolute natural for this new position,” Ehren added. “He’ll work closely with our Fort Wayne product development team, as well as our advisory staff and paintball teams to continue our company’s focus on offering soft goods that meet the specific needs of paintball players of all experience levels. We’re excited about having Theo on board and believe he’ll play an important role in taking our soft goods offering to the next level.”

About Tippmann Sports:

For nearly 25 years, Tippmann Sports has been dedicated to quality manufacturing as well as advancing paintball technology and design. The company serves the global paintball industry from its headquarters and manufacturing facility in Fort Wayne, Indiana as well as its warehouse in Brussels, Belgium. Tippmann Sports’ complete line of paintball markers and related accessories can be found at paintball stores and fields as well as mass retail and sporting goods outlets throughout the world

Last edited by TippmannEmployee1; 12-21-2010 at 03:10 PM.
TippmannEmployee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post all the things!

Send a message via AIM to tencent

CCM Fan
well that explains the new pod packs from tippmann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I'll be munching on this box for months!
tencent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

I thought this wasnt going to be announced till after the new years.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Well I hope they improve their workmanship. My NXE bag is only 8 months old and is falling apart. One round trip on an airline and a car trip to Oregon and it's starting to tear at the seams.

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

If it's made in the USA, then I'll support it.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I have a NXe pod pack that has worked very well for me throughout this past season. I ended up cutting out a couple of the elastic pod holders because they got in the way of other holders, but it works nice, and the stitching is still good. Hopefully they can continue to make good stuff like that, but my first reaction to reading this thread was "Nooooooooooooooo!" lol.
Drachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Well I hope they improve their workmanship. My NXE bag is only 8 months old and is falling apart. One round trip on an airline and a car trip to Oregon and it's starting to tear at the seams.

Later,
Blackrain
Agreed. BNIB NXE vest, one of the edges of the vest melted apart for no reason after being in the wash, not dryer, just wash, used a laundry bag too.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
This is fantastic news... I love NXe stuff, and Tippmann stuff... This can only be a good thing!
google.com/+CarterBrown75
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Closed bolt FTW

CCM Fan
this is either going to be really good or really bad...i like the NXe stuff but it just seems to me that NXe is pointed more at the tourny/speedball player where tippmann is obviously woodsball/sim player...two completely different things

could be really good for the sim guys though nice NXe pod vests
Old 12-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to WillyW0nka

I have very little interest in Tippmann products but I've noticed a trend from them over the years: built to last. Their products are tough, reliable and sturdy. If Tippmann combines their "Rugged, American-Made, Quality" image with the looks and performance of the NXE tournament/speedball style products I would be wholly impressed.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News