mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Avoiding Lord Stanley...

Not sure the ability to buy a paintball gun that looks just like a M16 at Wal-mart is a good thing.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:11 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
Not sure the ability to buy a paintball gun that looks just like a M16 at Wal-mart is a good thing.
Considering it has to compete with a wall covered in airsoft guns that look like M16s I don't see how they couldn't go that route.

And paintball guns might have a leg up on the competition in that particular market. Airsoft guns tend to be either oddly proportioned or clear at the chain stores so they can't be confused for real firearms. Paintball guns, well they have overly large barrels, big hoppers, and air tanks, so they don't have to resort to clear bodies or weird proportions.

As a bit of an aside, my local Walmart recently started selling firearms again.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Look at this whole thing as a good thing. Package deals are needed with the way the economy is now. Atleast JT is making an attempt to get the new player out onto the field. That's what we need more of,new players.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usurper View Post
Separating paintball from the idea of wargames failed. Kids know what they want, given a choice:

This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdAIt4MgnHc
or this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99UPQEFSGVQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
Woah! Rich Telford (JT was his FIRST sponsor) tells me that that Tatical M-4/M-16 looking gun is good enough to take on anyone on the field! (with the exception douchebags like me who have been playing for 30 years, and send kids with guns like these home crying)
If Rich Telford says that on Youtube, it's gotta be true!!
I gotta get me one!!!
Considering how people get by with pump guns, I think a semi-auto Tippmann clone will do just fine.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:08 AM   #25 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Can someone tell me why Kee is still selling markers with barrel plugs? Don't most fields prefer the use of a barrel sack?

Ryan Dupras
-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:11 AM   #26 (permalink)
Vieux.

CCM Fan
Sadly they gave to one of this thing the same name as a WGP goodness.

We'll have some funny misunderstandings in BST threads in the future

Allblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #27 (permalink)

Honestly I kind of like how KEE is starting to think. These will definatly beat the crap out of the other walmart guns. And obviously if military looking inline blowbacks have sold well in the past they will probably sell good now. And the people that buy guns at walmart will probably want mislim guns anyway. Add this to every thing else KEE has done reacently, and I'd say that KEE is in the market to win. It is definatly another step in the right direction (assumeing that these guns arn't absolute dog crap). Now all we need is for KEE to release a New (and good, not like the trilogy) Autococker. That would make me very very happy.
Mavalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Anyone else really want an minor update to the ER2? Just add a darn velocity adjuster. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks they would be the perfect marker for cheap private play.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Separating paintball from the idea of wargames failed. Kids know what they want, given a choice:

This:
[youtube]YdAIt4MgnHc[/yotube]
or this?
[youtube]99UPQEFSGVQ[/yotube]
This may or may not be germane to our conversation, but I would add that when I was a kid I actually had one of those Enertech guns, and I got to handle an Oozinator (minus the ooze) at a family friend's house. If I were a kid in a water fight, the Oozinator, even without the ooze, would be a far superior choice.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

Our local Walmart carries Tippmann 98's or used to last I looked anyway. 98's in my opinion will always be superior to these JT/Kee/Empire whatever junkers. Seems likely that if they would stick to carrying a verified quality products kind might be more interested and so would the parents who would probably buy them for their kids.

As a note I do own many Kee products and markers such as a Mini, Axe, etc which are all fine products for their price points. On the entry level I disagree with them carrying these instead of quality Tippmanns.
maninblack2k is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News