mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 05-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #1041 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Hey, I held a local J12 in my hands today! You have to see it in person, it is INCREDIBLE (like all other CCM stuff but more), the feel is very impressive, points like a dream. 14" barrel is the BOMB!

I launched 200 rds at the chrono station, chronoed a few rounds, it was very consistent. .679 insert w/ 14" barrel shot great! The paint was Draxxus Silver...not round, .677-.684 (I am giving up on Draxxus) and it shot great (my theory it that with bad paint, the CCM sizers are better than DW w/ freak inserts).

I am very poor with my left hand (working on this lately), and the J12 felt very natural in my left hand, I am not as accurate as with my right but fairly close.

86 trigger frame is very comfortable....I am sure a good friend of mine will post soon with pics, he played 4 games with it.

This was a prototype, there are a few minor issues to work out....I don't think it is fair to CCM to give exact details. Let me but it this way, if I had the chance to buy a prototype, it would be mine....defanitely getting loot together for the first run.

I honestly think if you held it your hand, played a few games with it, you would be sold on it! I definitely am.

Last edited by sniper97; 05-12-2012 at 10:30 PM.
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #1042 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
huh? J12 you mean....
Old 05-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #1043 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
huh? J12 you mean....
corrected...long day, reffing soccer, coaching soccer, playing paintball...great day!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #1044 (permalink)
blah blah stuff stuff

CCM Fan

Played at Xtream Paintball Park in Millstadt, IL and Sal let me play with the J12 prototype.
It was great and I loved playing with it. It was very consistent with the CCM .679 insert and Marbalizer. I was able to shoot lazers
Was very comfortable in the hands and the pump stroke wasn't bad at all.
I did notice a thing or two that could be fixed but you got to remember that I was playing with the PROTOTYPE.

If I had the money and didn't have my eye on another CCM (which will be the first CCM I'll own) I would defiantly get one when they come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaction View Post
I always just assumed it was magic elves. i mean, it's really the only logical explanation, really.
MCB Feedback AO feedback TechPB feedback PBN feedback

Last edited by DAVID(GEN); 05-12-2012 at 10:50 PM.
DAVID(GEN) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #1045 (permalink)
The cries of the carrots

CCM Fan
Was there a significant difference between the pump stroke on the J12 and a T2, S6, etc?

Also, does anyone have any numbers for the efficiency? I use a 13 ci most of the time, so efficiency is kind of a big deal for me.
Hogzilla88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #1046 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogzilla88 View Post
Was there a significant difference between the pump stroke on the J12 and a T2, S6, etc?

Also, does anyone have any numbers for the efficiency? I use a 13 ci most of the time, so efficiency is kind of a big deal for me.
Hopefully me or you will be able to test one out at our field. I have a gopro now so I could make some game play vids and I would love to find out some efficiency numbers

but a guy can only dream

WTB Eclipse F1 cocker or any undrilled eclipse bodies

ryanhall41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #1047 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I assume efficiency is the same, I only put 200 rd thru her and the gage on my 48/4500 didn't seem to move at all. Very consistent shot to shot.

Similar pump stoke, while a S6 is consistent thru the pump stroke, the J12 pump stroke seems just a tad stiffer at the end of the pump stroke. Again this is a prototype, when I was first shooting the J12, I noticed this. I am sure playing with it you would not notice at all. I assume this will be fixed before the release. This is very minor.

And for the record, I have shot a ton of guns: mech's, mags, cockers, electros, stock class, snipers. About 2 years ago, I purchased a S6 and have not touched another markers since then. I love playing pump.

The J12 just fits a little tighter than my S6. As shown above, it has a stock T-2 type of pump and I think it would be nicer with the T-grip, this is my preference!

CCM puts out quality stuff and their customer service is great!

Also have to say Extreme it top notch, Sal is a class act, awesome owner...by far, my fav place to play!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #1048 (permalink)
Bad Dad

CCM Fan
i think that the price will be a little more but the big question is WHEN?
bokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #1049 (permalink)

PE Rail Comparison

Questions were asked about the T-slot on the Prototype (J12) and whether or not it was compatible with a PE asa. Snapped some pictures this weekend to compare the two. Note that this is a prototype J12 and may not reflect any changes to the design for final production. Also I am using a OOPS asa which I assume has the same T-rail as the POPS asa.

In general, the CCM t-rail has different dimensions from the PE t-rail. The CCM rail overall is thicker and more robust making the corresponding slot larger, so the CCM asa WILL NOT fit a PE slot but a PE asa WILL fit the CCM slot. I would not recommend using the PE asa though. With the larger CCM slot, there is a lot of side-to side play and only a small bearing area on one side. One good dive into a bunker and your PE asa is gonna rip off the gun and you are gonna have to buy a new grip frame.

hawaiianking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #1050 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunny Pump

CCM Fan
Thanks for the visuals and info....Good info
war009 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News