mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #61 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsOfFun View Post
Personally, I am rather excited for this if they take it in the right direction, hopefully this will lead to a lot of work going into the geo line or maybe even a new marker.
that's conceited and narcissistic. you never perfect something that goes out to a sizable public with varied desires. what exactly did they perfect between the 8 and the 11? somebody didn't like its milling 3 times?

they're not seizing development altogether, as would be the case if one was really satisfied with one's product. it just sounds like a convenient excuse to advertise itself.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #62 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19
 
minimag03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Morgantown, WV

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
that's conceited and narcissistic. you never perfect something that goes out to a sizable public with varied desires. what exactly did they perfect between the 8 and the 11? somebody didn't like its milling 3 times?

they're not seizing development altogether, as would be the case if one was really satisfied with one's product. it just sounds like a convenient excuse to advertise itself.
The new solenoid thingy made a big, big difference in the Ego11. I agree that the other differences between 08 and 10 were small but the Ego11 doesn't fit that trend.

Hopefully the "new" Ego will be priced lower than the Ego 11.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #63 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: May 2010

Ive always held off on new Egos because I am a gun whore, but now knowing the resale will be leveling off, I will pick up an '11.
__________________
MMMm....3.141592653589793238462643383279502884
845845845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:23 PM   #64 (permalink)
depot damager
 
anomoly40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Central Arkansas

"The CSL will be shipping with the excellent Cure3+ bolt. But currently in the final stages of development we have an all-new Cure4 Bolt System. Developed with the intention to reduced stack clipping and bolt strike (where the paintball is damaged by the bolt accelerating forward and striking the stationary paintball) the new bolt includes a removable and replaceable cushioned tip."

BAM! PE did it in only 4 revisions where it took AGD 7 or so to get the cushion! This means the Ego12 could have the hybrid mode several generations before the Mag did! Innovation!
anomoly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #65 (permalink)
Banned
 
alpha434's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomoly40 View Post
"The CSL will be shipping with the excellent Cure3+ bolt. But currently in the final stages of development we have an all-new Cure4 Bolt System. Developed with the intention to reduced stack clipping and bolt strike (where the paintball is damaged by the bolt accelerating forward and striking the stationary paintball) the new bolt includes a removable and replaceable cushioned tip."

BAM! PE did it in only 4 revisions where it took AGD 7 or so to get the cushion! This means the Ego12 could have the hybrid mode several generations before the Mag did! Innovation!
Better count again... The "Cure" bolt was to replace their autochopping bolts prior. And there were several complete model revisions where they were too busy fixing all the other rinky-dink problems with the model prior to release a new bolt.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha434 View Post
Better count again... The "Cure" bolt was to replace their autochopping bolts prior. And there were several complete model revisions where they were too busy fixing all the other rinky-dink problems with the model prior to release a new bolt.
that's not what that quote said.

and they couldn't make the ego just not chop, like all the other stack tube ep's that don't come with a cure bolt eh? sounds like they really did perfect the ego 11
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #67 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Paintballer50505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Paintballer50505

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
that's not what that quote said.

and they couldn't make the ego just not chop, like all the other stack tube ep's that don't come with a cure bolt eh? sounds like they really did perfect the ego 11
The ego has a bit bigger chamber then most guns, why no idea, also with the feedneck slightly offset also makes the second ball sit slightly lower then a regular gun. Because they dont want to abandon the deftek feedneck idea and they have a big breach, I guess to allow huge paintballs in that arnt around anymore, made them develop the cure bolts. four generations of a bolt is good marketing.

I believe eclipse did it in 5 bolts the original bolt, then the cure1,2,3, and now 4. That is good marketing because they spaced out the "innovations" (or fixing a problem they created) and got people to buy it in stages happily and willingly. Very smart guys at PE

Atleast they are saying why a piece of rubber is going to improve their bolt instead of calling it a "pillow bolt". eliminating the space between the ball and the bolt is what helps not the fact that it is a soft piece that is touching the ball, its just easier to suck up space with rubber then trying to get the tolerances tighter.
__________________
TopGun GSP (Garden State Pump)

Theres no me in suck but there is always u

Last edited by Paintballer50505; 05-30-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #68 (permalink)
The Laser guy...
 
ncbbh88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to ncbbh88

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
that's conceited and narcissistic. you never perfect something that goes out to a sizable public with varied desires. what exactly did they perfect between the 8 and the 11? somebody didn't like its milling 3 times?

they're not seizing development altogether, as would be the case if one was really satisfied with one's product. it just sounds like a convenient excuse to advertise itself.

i don't quite get the basis of your argument here, i have owned an 8 own an 11 and have shot the sl94, sls, 9 and 10 the 8 was a great marker but the 11 is far superior however the changes from the 9-11 are less pronounced, the pops is my favorite asa ever, the adjustable solenoid allows me to tailor the marker to my style, the e-portal and larger screen make the gun easily and fully customizable, the grips are comfortable, the inline macro keeps them from resorting to the stupid in frame air line, as of right now, i have yet to shoot a marker that rivals the ego 11 in efficiency, performance, durability and visual appearance.

so not to flame you but i seriously doubt you have spent any time with any of these markers to justify your opinion on how all they changed was the milling from the 8 to the 11...
__________________
Mcarter Feedback (+26/-0)
you sir.... are not just a buzz kill, not even a boner kill, you sir are the master of all erection slaying.... TonsoFun
ncbbh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #69 (permalink)
Active Member
 
TonsOfFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009

Fan of EMR
Again this is the world of luxury guns where you are paying for minor upgrades that really just are for comfort, personalization, etc. For example, the ergonomics have changed gun to gun, Personally I like the feel a bit more of the later egos, doesn't mean my ego 8 is uncomfortable, just means the other ones are even better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
They probably talk to the guy at my field that pours mineral oil down his barrel to lube his marker.
Feedback:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1376133
TonsOfFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:20 PM   #70 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintballer50505 View Post
The ego has a bit bigger chamber then most guns, why no idea, also with the feedneck slightly offset also makes the second ball sit slightly lower then a regular gun. Because they dont want to abandon the deftek feedneck idea and they have a big breach, I guess to allow huge paintballs in that arnt around anymore, made them develop the cure bolts. four generations of a bolt is good marketing.

I believe eclipse did it in 5 bolts the original bolt, then the cure1,2,3, and now 4. That is good marketing because they spaced out the "innovations" (or fixing a problem they created) and got people to buy it in stages happily and willingly. Very smart guys at PE

Atleast they are saying why a piece of rubber is going to improve their bolt instead of calling it a "pillow bolt". eliminating the space between the ball and the bolt is what helps not the fact that it is a soft piece that is touching the ball, its just easier to suck up space with rubber then trying to get the tolerances tighter.
yeah, i know it's great marketing. but i'm the guy they want to buy the gun, i look at the product not the marketing, like most other people.

and the feedneck. it didn't really have to be offset to prevent bouncing. if they just slant it forward like the $100 tippmann griffon they would have fixed the bouncing issue as well. on top of that, none of the other guns have that problem and they have straight feednecks, so it looks like they were trying to fix something that didn't need fixing, and then ended up needing a cure bolt to fix what they broke... 5 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbbh88 View Post
i don't quite get the basis of your argument here, i have owned an 8 own an 11 and have shot the sl94, sls, 9 and 10 the 8 was a great marker but the 11 is far superior however the changes from the 9-11 are less pronounced, the pops is my favorite asa ever, the adjustable solenoid allows me to tailor the marker to my style, the e-portal and larger screen make the gun easily and fully customizable, the grips are comfortable, the inline macro keeps them from resorting to the stupid in frame air line, as of right now, i have yet to shoot a marker that rivals the ego 11 in efficiency, performance, durability and visual appearance.

so not to flame you but i seriously doubt you have spent any time with any of these markers to justify your opinion on how all they changed was the milling from the 8 to the 11...
you're right. i never used an ego 11. i just don't see the point to even try them anymore after testing 8 and 10 and found not that much of a difference.

your view of the ego is your opinion, but it's not the first time i've heard someone say "the marker that i just bought is the greatest ever and i am saying this out loud not to let you hear it, but to let myself hear it to convince myself i spent my money right." hell even i had that mentality once. i hold every owner's words with a grain of salt, especially the ones who find no fault in their purchases.

and i'd rather have noids that use o-rings for manifolds. it'd surely be fun hunting down proprietary seals to replace any possibly dried ones in the future after pe goes up to ego not-12.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC