mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #61 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
*yawn*
Old 07-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #62 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

I've got a Ronin Gear MaxAttack Pack (or MaxPack, can't remember what it's called) that'll carry 14 140rnd pods and an extra tank (big one, think up to 114ci). I've never used it to full capacity, but this plus a Pinokio with the nose, that's 2,360 rounds (and possibly the air to use it, if you've got a big tank on your marker, plus the spare, and your marker is decent on efficiency... lot of "ifs", but doable). More, as I think you can substitute at least 6 of the pods with the bigger 180rnd pods (2,600 paintballs). Would I want to carry that much weight? Not in a run'n'gun fight, no, but in a stationary hold and defend scenario, or in a tank yes. So there are options out there to carry a ton of paint.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #63 (permalink)
Dropp'en Knowledge

SUper excited to outfit this on my Trraccer. I will just fill the backpack and not have to reload for... YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this is great for the scenario market but rec play or tourney ball not so much.
deen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #64 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
When I imagine someone wearing this at D-Day, I imagine them not bringing any water onto the field because they already have a giant backpack that only holds paint.

For me, the backpack spot is just too crucial in big games to devote purely to paint.

My feedback
Cale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #65 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh dead View Post
I have been involved in the discussion about this over on Tech PB. It has some cool potential, but also has room for abuse.
What abuse?
Its just an awkward back-mounted hopper/fanny combo.
Players typically carry a similar amount, but seperate the fannypack and hopper.

This pack means you don't have to fire and load at the same time... but have the annoying feed tube to deal with.

So, if it exists, which I doubt, its still not much more then a novelty. Cool, but it ends up like the QLoader or Warpfeed. Both neat things with advantages, but negatives as well.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #66 (permalink)
HAPPYnewspaperEATINGgoat

Send a message via AIM to Somnambulistz

so ya take a qloader + electronic backpack that spits out pballs like a Dyson hand dryer blows air....

alright, will bite, let's see it in action, worse case scenario, its a dud, it's not like we are seeing anything new on the pball market lately.

maybe something new will make life better, then again, paintball as a hobby is the complete opposite of logic compared to anything else in the world.....

MCarterBrown Feedback

LIVERPOOL FC FOREVER.

ANGEL ARMY

Angel 1 Speed

Torque ReduX
Somnambulistz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #67 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The fake pyro and sound effects pissed me off a little honestly. That aside, their claim of being the first backpack loader also annoyed me.

They must have forgotten the Medusa pack and it's predecessor that was out like 2 decades ago. It's Valken though, so I know they're aware of the previous designs. The head of that snake has been around long enough.

Either way, I hope to see it come out. It certainly has a place and if it becomes popular it'll give me bigger, slower targets.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
What abuse?
Its just an awkward back-mounted hopper/fanny combo.
Players typically carry a similar amount, but seperate the fannypack and hopper.

This pack means you don't have to fire and load at the same time... but have the annoying feed tube to deal with.

So, if it exists, which I doubt, its still not much more then a novelty. Cool, but it ends up like the QLoader or Warpfeed. Both neat things with advantages, but negatives as well.
The same as the abuse of a person who shoots an Ego with a Rotor in normal rec games. With the only difference being that the person does not take the few seconds to reload.
teh dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #69 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
H8TR
Tumbper
Scarecrow marker
O'dell's Phantom UC kit
Stripes' Phantom feed kit (which he made right and the product looks to be happening)

Just to name a few, but the list is long. Mar on the other hand (and me, shameless plug) took no money prior to product being available. It's tough to float it, but if you need money, get a business loan, don't potentially burn/upset your customer base.
You can't mention the Thumper and leave out the 2k9 Micromag. A couple months wait doesn't compare to a couple years.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #70 (permalink)
smoke ring for my halo

i dont see why it wouldnt work. plenty of people have turned halos into box mags holding around 500. the pack probabley uses shelf like systems through out to take weight of the stack and propeller
Amsterdam is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News