mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
How exactly do they think they can patent a barrel-twist feed selection when the T4 has had it for what, 2 years now?

For all you people bitching, remember it's all about the benjamins. This will probably be a 200 dollar marker, so below the cost of a Phenom + magfeed kit. If you want more, buy more..ATS or T4... If anything, you should be thankful that more people will have mag-fed gun options financially accessible, so you won't be the only one on the field with that type of gun.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
I don't see it. What's getting in the way? What kind of capacity is gained through a bend in the mag?
For paintball, basically nothing with this amount of curvature. Curved mags are a firearms thing that just translates over. However, basic geometry will give you your answer. Draw 10 .7" diameter spheres in a line so they are just tangent, then draw another 10 so they are offset along a curve. Then measure vertically top to bottom. Curve does reduce height. Have you seen how long a stock T4 magazine is with 14 ball capacity?
Old 10-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Hope these are affordable,my brother in law wants a magfed marker but they are out of his price range.If this around the $200 mark he will be all over it.So will i.
goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steed View Post

My only gripe is capacity, 11 rounds is some what impractical. They're most likely using the same system as Tacamo or a variant when they should be using an improved version of the ATS system.
11 rounds is fine as long as the magazines are cheap. Reloading is the fun being advertised here, so why not make the player do it as often as possible?
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
I was hoping the gun would look less hokey.
In all honesty, compared to Spyder's previous mil-sim attempts, this one doesn't look bad IMO.

I'm curious more about the Eko valve and what it will fit into... I have a few spyder-based pistols that I'd be interested to try it in...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
For paintball, basically nothing with this amount of curvature. Curved mags are a firearms thing that just translates over. However, basic geometry will give you your answer. Draw 10 .7" diameter spheres in a line so they are just tangent, then draw another 10 so they are offset along a curve. Then measure vertically top to bottom. Curve does reduce height. Have you seen how long a stock T4 magazine is with 14 ball capacity?
True, but isn't the T4's mag single stack? In mags like the Rap4, Tacamo or MilSig 20 rounders, they wrap around. In my mind, that makes the unsightly bend in the mag useless. I don't know if there is a term for all this stuff, so I'm just trying to describe it as well as possible.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #27 (permalink)

So in other words... kingman stole tiberius arms' mag fed/ hopper design (including switch between the two with a twist of the barrel)

way to go kingman, come up with something original next time (i guess tiberius arms wasn't smart enough to get a patent on it, since it says spyder has it patent pending)
7usabball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:33 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7usabball View Post
So in other words... kingman stole tiberius arms' mag fed/ hopper design (including switch between the two with a twist of the barrel)

way to go kingman, come up with something original next time (i guess tiberius arms wasn't smart enough to get a patent on it, since it says spyder has it patent pending)
Seeing as how Rap4 was doing that sort of thing before Tiberius did, I think it's fair game at this point.

Also, "patent pending" is usually just a fluff word in Kingman's ad copy to make things sound nicer.
To my knowledge they've never pursued an infringement claim against anyone.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohri View Post
Can we just have a mag fed, tank in stock (Or small tanked) single tube mechanical semi already?
Like the Tiberius 9.1? I must be missing something in your requirements.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
FRONT Towards Enemy

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I am making a spump outta this I've always wanted a mag-fed pump, and now I can make one!
DunXWright is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News