mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 04-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Secret SWAT Team

Send a message via AIM to ChaplainBane Send a message via MSN to ChaplainBane Send a message via Yahoo to ChaplainBane

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Valken Acquires Paintball News

BREAKING NEWS FROM Valken Sports:

VALKEN BUYS PAINTBALL NEWS !!

Paintball News, started and run by Rene and Juvy Boucher, had built the Paintball News brand since 1990. Paintball News, the first paintball newspaper, the first bi-monthly paintball publication and the only free to the player paintball publication had become an important source of news and information at paintball fields and pro shops, nationwide.

Gino Postorivo, President and CEO of Valken, stated, ďAs the owner and publisher of Paintball 2Xtremes Magazine; I know how important it is to get a good magazine on the rack and in to the playersí hands. It pains me when I walk in to major bookstores and donít see any paintball publications on the shelves. Valken is dedicated to promoting the industry and growing our sport and Paintball News, in print and on the web, will encompass both paintball and airsoft sports in to 1 publication. This is another stride towards getting paintball back on T.V. and Iím very excited to be bringing a quality paintball publication back in to print,Ē added Postorivo.

Paintball News is looking for writers, photographers and columnists for their hard copy and web-based publications. If you have the skills and talent and would like to join the Paintball News Team, please email Debbie@valken.com

"I have alot of filthy habits. Most of which I find enjoyable" -Willie Nelson as Doc Holliday
Blazer #003
Typhoon #579
ChaplainBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
depot damager

Dang! You beat me.

MCB feedback
AGD feedback
anomoly40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Now in 3D!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
So does anybody know when valken is gonna start buying and selling souls?
Old 04-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

They sell shoes don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_controller View Post
So does anybody know when valken is gonna start buying and selling souls?

Bad joke, I know...but it was out there waiting to be picked.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

PB merged with airsoft in the same rag? Don't see that working well.

PB on TV? That is boring to the non player since nobody else has a clue what's going on.

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Now in 3D!

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmic View Post
Bad joke, I know...but it was out there waiting to be picked.
I thought it was a legit question, since i bought 2 souls on sale from KEE last week......ok ill stop with the souls jokes
Old 04-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Damn, Valken is just buying up everything...
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post

PB on TV? That is boring to the non player since nobody else has a clue what's going on.
I have seen little on tv, but what about high speed cameras to show the strings? or be able to somehow distinctly show where people are shooting or the arcs?
TF

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Feedback
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

Last I talked to Rene he didn't seem to enthusiastic about Valken taking over his publication. I'll have to give him a call and see what transpired. Rene is one of the true legends of the sport, one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

Tradeout Paintball LLC
**Entropy** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post

I have seen paintball on espn years ago (tournament play) and to put it bluntly it did not put paintball in a good light.

The non-paintball public was treated to blatent cheating and very bad sportsmanship. I clearly remember a team having a baby meltdown because they won the match, but did not get as many points as they wanted. Yes they were even winning the overall event, but not enough points for their desire (possibly national rank, dont remember).

Now the general public can clearly see the attitudes/cheating/poor sportsmanship that is seen (and ranted on by the paintball comunity on many boards) at tournament events and no amount of spin/chest thumping/explaining (need to cheat to compete being in the top 10) is gonna convince someone to give up some of their time to watch.

The other problem to tv paintball is alot of kids today are caught up in gaming systems (x-box, PS##, wi, ect) playing call of duty, gears of war, ect. So the tournament format holds little if any interest to them.

Now if you go to the scenero route now you get their attention. Then add player cams, overhead shots, game level cameras, and a tv control crew who knows their then you have something. Some special effects (smoke, mines, ect), tanks, rocket launchers, ect. and you have something really going.

Keep the wining and cheating to a BARE minimum and IMO I think you would have something that could make it on tv.

Just my 2 cent rant

Back to topic (now I got that off my chest)

The problem/reason for the airsoft/paintball rag merger is pure economics.

The sad part is while both are still popular (paintball more) is that there are less players and interest overall in both. This is due to a variety of reasons but a greater majority being the bad economy. People are not spending as much time or money on either due to the simple fact they dont have as much as they used to.

So the basic cold truth is either stay seperate and go under (how many paintball magazines have we lost over the years) or merge to survive.

Scrounger

Last edited by scrounger; 04-11-2012 at 09:08 AM.
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News