mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
Sneaky S.O.B.

I have this kit installed on my vsc phantom. I have not had the front screw come loose on me ever, but if it is a problem for you, a drop of loctite on the threads should fix it. First off, let me say I love this handle. It is much more comfortable and looks better than the CCI handle IMHO. The only problem I have experienced is that if you put any kind of downward pressure on the pump handle while cocking, it will bind, whereas the CCI handle does not. However, after switching from the 45 CCI frame to a JCurt 90 frame, I have found that I no longer have this problem, although it still occurs if I try to make it bind. GMP, have you experienced this or is it perhaps specific to my kit or phantom?
alphasniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Village Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Greenmtnphantom Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Unfortunately end of summer house projects have put a serious damper on my playing and I haven't given this the time it deserves.

I need some more time to play with it but, some notes:

It's possible I have some dust or something in the whole for the guide or scratches on my old used mounting bracket but I haven't noticed any improvement in how smooth the stroke is. This could be a break in issue. Like I said it's a used mounting bracket several years old so I might have grooves or small burrs in it.

To the owners of the 1st 20 Gargoyles. Some or all of you may have a Vert ASA with a rounded top. This was something RTR did for those first few guns. With the CCi mounting bracket you can't use the stock nut that you get with the gun. I have gone to the Hardware store and picked up a couple washers to fill in the recessed part of the mount and a thin 8/32 (If I remember right) nut and it is working fine, just isn't quite as sexy as the original.

If I pull down while pumping yes I can make it bind. It has not happened during regular use but when I was told that it was an issue I tried it.
I don't so much make money, as provide a conduit for it's movement.
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News