mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #81 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jun 2009

So what do you guys thing? Are these gonna be cheaper or more expensive?
__________________
If you want to talk email me.
Wagz86@gmail.com
PS3 network: Keebler1337
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #82 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Questions I have about the Scarab Rounds:
Who is making these?
Who owns the Intellectual Property (I can't imagine Perfect Circle not owning it)?
What material are they made from (looks to be a bit different than the perfect circle rounds)?
With no visible injection point, I wonder if they are going to try and fill them like hydrotec fills their rounds (pre-fill the hemisphere, then attach it to the back wall and skirt)? This will likely add air bubbles to the fill.

I wonder why Perfect Circle doesn't fill the First Strike rounds from the rear of the payload section (too difficult to get the injector in there)?

From the looks of the pictures, the fins don't seem to be any more 'aggressive'. If anything, they look thicker in the FS / SR side-by-side picture.
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #83 (permalink)
Ask me How!
 
GMAN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Questions I have about the Scarab Rounds:
Who is making these?
Who owns the Intellectual Property (I can't imagine Perfect Circle not owning it)?
What material are they made from (looks to be a bit different than the perfect circle rounds)?
With no visible injection point, I wonder if they are going to try and fill them like hydrotec fills their rounds (pre-fill the hemisphere, then attach it to the back wall and skirt)? This will likely add air bubbles to the fill.

I wonder why Perfect Circle doesn't fill the First Strike rounds from the rear of the payload section (too difficult to get the injector in there)?

From the looks of the pictures, the fins don't seem to be any more 'aggressive'. If anything, they look thicker in the FS / SR side-by-side picture.
All good questions which should be directed to SA on their FB page. The owner seems to be pretty responsive on there.
__________________
For all your tactical gear needs:


Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #84 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!
 
crazyorigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Southern Upstate NY

CCM Fan
I really hope these rounds come to life. I think we have evolved the markers enough now we need to evolve our paint.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #85 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck
 
russc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

I just like the fact that hoppers can't feed em.

Seriously, I think aero rounds are the sole advantage to mag fed play.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentSmith View Post
oldschool play is about sportsmanship and respect, oldschool gear is available on Ebay.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #86 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
All good questions which should be directed to SA on their FB page. The owner seems to be pretty responsive on there.
Thanks for the suggestion, I did. Let's see what they tell me. Interestingly, somebody already asked about the material- gen I polystyrene. Gen 2, 'something else' (maybe corn-based product?).
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #87 (permalink)
Ask me How!
 
GMAN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, I did. Let's see what they tell me. Interestingly, somebody already asked about the material- gen I polystyrene. Gen 2, 'something else' (maybe corn-based product?).
Who knows but this is what he said about them:

"Gen 1 is made of polystyrene which is the same material (as Tiberius Arms First Strikes) but gen 2 will be made from a different composition."


And

"We have posted a short article earlier elaborating on many details regarding the release of scarab rounds anyway the Gen1 will not be released were developing the gen 2 and releasing it next year..."
__________________
For all your tactical gear needs:


Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #88 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Flint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Here is a vid of the marker in "action"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v3miRYkBBM


Looks like it is an un regged blowback.

5-30fps deviations
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #89 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
jerryjjackson69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: KCMO

wondering what paint that chrono was with... unregged blowbacks aren't that inconsistent, I'm betting it was the stock barrel with unmatched paint.

That being said, I'm not hyped about the A-5 threading, other than that I love how this marker looks compared to other mag-fed rifles. I'm interested depending on price and mag cost.

FYI, the "nipple" on First Strike rounds was done so that most of the impact would be forced onto that one small area, increasing the likelihood of a break instead of a bounce at long range. The projectile still collapses, so its not a dangerous point or anything, it's simply designed to improve long range breakage. I don't know if it negatively impacts flight characteristics or not.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #90 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P
 
uv_halo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
FYI, the "nipple" on First Strike rounds was done so that most of the impact would be forced onto that one small area, increasing the likelihood of a break instead of a bounce at long range. The projectile still collapses, so its not a dangerous point or anything, it's simply designed to improve long range breakage. I don't know if it negatively impacts flight characteristics or not.
On what basis are you asserting this? Is this your theory or, do you have a reliable source you can name?

I'm asking because, of the many I have closesly examined, the vast majority of the nipples do not have the consistency (in height, thickness or, roundness) one would associate with an intentionally molded feature. Furthermore, they often have paint residue around them one would expect for something that was sealed while containing the fill.
__________________
FN303SD Totmacher 13 | SP 'Woodstalker' Ion | 1989 Line SI Bushmaster SI Deluxe
First Strike Round Field Listing | External Ballistics, FSRs and PBs | My Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC