mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 09-07-2012, 02:16 AM   #21 (permalink)

please excuse the double post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
Wipers
I'm ambidextrous. Fear me.
Please leave me honest Feedback after any B/S/T arrangments. Thank you.
Down Range Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Ehh it was pretty trash. No one posted, they censored any youtube video with bad language in it. You got warnings/bans for bad language even if you werent skirting the language filter. Then you had the terrible mods like Puzuma who played paintball once a year with some spyder, but would like give advice on stuff he had never used but read about. And he would ban and warn people over nothing. Rules of the forum were very pg not even pg13. First nice gun he got was a phantom that members of the forum chipped in to get him. And then his gf/wife was like hinting at having members get her one it was like wtf?

Only things I like was there was some good people, and some good mods. The mafia games were fun and the pump karma thread was awesome.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I loved spec ops. My v2 operative vest is my fav vest ever. I'm also a longbow operator so I wish some of those pieces were still available. I have been perusing the site forever and for what seems like over a year it has had a banner that says "new vests coming soon". They offer almost nothing anymore.

I'd love for the old spec ops to come back.
Buttont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
ger
Nothing to see here folks

I just tried to check up over there last week & noticed it was down. I logged in today for the first time in 6 months, they have it seems maybe 5 posts a day. There were a lot of great people over there, forums & store. After the move to NY & the garbage that ensued most people bailed. It's a shame, they were a pretty big name in the industry. Fortunately, many members landed or were already active on other forums (including here), so it wasn't the end of the world. I do still have & use a number of their soft goods... quality stuff.

R.I.P. Battlefront Paintball
ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Brady "B-DAZL" Coleman

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
So what's the background on this? I played a game with MOATI in Fort Ord back in 2004 and he is a great guy. I shopped at SOP for YEARS, and then a while ago things changed with the company and they screwed up every (and I mean every) order I placed. Sucks too, used to have some really innovative woodsball products.
This thread will explain a little of what happened at the end...

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...paintball.html

What people still don't really know, is that the original Spec Ops changed hands before these new clowns took it over (no offense to clowns)...

My friend Jayson Orvis started Special Ops back in 2004... Then in late 2010, he sold it to another friend of mine, Tyler Tiberius from Tiberius Arms...

Tyler ended up selling it to those shady people in New York. They rushed everything though, and ended up screwing Tyler out of HALF of the value of the company...

At first, they refused to pay Tyler ANY money, even though they had moved ops to NY and were already in possession of the brand, machinery, and inventory. By the time he got the money, they had already started running Spec Ops into the ground... And then claimed the company wasn't worth what he was asking... Apparently, this is the first time these people have done stuff like this either... They have a BAD reputation in and around Syracuse, NY...

I really LOVED Spec Ops and put my all into that company for a couple of years... It sucked going through all that stuff at the end... It made me SO angry when they booted me from the forums (I am still IP banned) and erased my entire SECTION over there... I said what I could say, and gave up on them... I will still voice my opinion about them, when I see them being such posers... But I try to focus my time/energy on the good in our sport... They will get what is coming to them...

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

B-Dazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Brady "B-DAZL" Coleman

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Range Pain View Post
i havent been on the SO forum in so long i didnt even know it was down.

Oh how i miss the old SO. i have a custom pack thats better than...let me secure the deadbolts...my favorite modded ronin pack.

Anyone know where the old SO Staff went?
Some of the old sewing staff work for me still, here in Utah... We don't really do paintball products anymore though... The old GM/Lead hard-goods engineer of Spec Ops is my business partner...

A lot of the other guys are still in the area... Most have left paintball, but I do still keep in contact with most of them...

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

B-Dazl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Did you know your location spells a dirty word? Anyways BTT any chance the original SO will get the band back together so to speak
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dazl View Post
This thread will explain a little of what happened at the end...

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...paintball.html
This thread is private? Won't let me access it

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
A Secret Police Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN1 View Post
This thread is private? Won't let me access it
It is in the Members Section. You too can enjoy the drama of days gone by for only $10 a year! Yes - DRAMA!!!! - and Sweater Puppies.
DPrekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dazl View Post
Some of the old sewing staff work for me still, here in Utah... We don't really do paintball products anymore though... The old GM/Lead hard-goods engineer of Spec Ops is my business partner...

A lot of the other guys are still in the area... Most have left paintball, but I do still keep in contact with most of them...
See the thing I am aware that the company changed hands and MOATI left. When they were great, they made awesome gear. But the thing is they stopped producing custom **** and slowly all their stuff was out of stock like their extendo mags for the Tiberius. And I see the forums and the store different. The forums always sucked terribly. Adults had to follow rules that adhere to children. And the mods while all werent bad (like Legato off the top of my head) would love to ban people especially Puzuma (I really dont like this guy). I was never IP banned but I received warning for stuff that shouldn't matter.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News