mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #151 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Send a message via AIM to delta paintball

It's not a new Impulse. I have to write the description and everything up for it tonight, hopefully I can have the info released tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #152 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
A pump? Is it a pump? Tell me it's a pump. It's a pump.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #153 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

I'm sorry, I can't think of this 'gun without thinking it the new Gog eNEMa !

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #154 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Isn't that patent invalid or something? I remember hearing some other company (PTP?) had a similar patent and Colin decided to drop the hAir because he didnt want to get involved in the mess.
That was my first impression when I saw the design.

Someone patented the design for a "pneumatic trigger" about 8 years or so ago, and was actively using it to prevent guns from having a similar trigger, without paying royalities.

It seemed absurd at the time since lots of guns in the 90s had pneumatic triggers, the Vector being the best example.

In fact, there was a mech with a pneumatic trigger that was supposed to come out 5 years or so ago? They ran into patent trouble, and have to revise the design so that it used 2 seperate rams, with 2 seperate switches, making the design so complicated and "buggy" that the project was dumped after much hype?

GOG/SP is not stupid. Either they bought the patent, or it expired. (or blackmail, backdoor, theft, etc)

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #155 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
A pump? Is it a pump? Tell me it's a pump. It's a pump.
I wish, but no it's not.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta paintball View Post
I wish, but no it's not.
An up-calibered version of the FM50 or Nano?

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #157 (permalink)
SCENARIO AND WOODSBALL

Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
-Wouldn't matter, since in the case of a patent violation, they could block importation of the markers into the US.

Somebody earlier mentioned the idea that GOG developed this in order to use their existing tech (the Ion design) but not to have to pay royalties on their own electronic marker patent.

I would not be the least surprised if this was, in fact, the truth, but that doesn't take in account the spool valve patent. As I understand it, SP had to license the spool valve tech from DYE, who either patented it or bought the patent back in the early Matrix days.

Again as I understand it (and I'd love to hear more info if you have it) that SP and DYE worked out a deal so both parties could use each other's tech. If that's true, naturally any agreement dissolved along with SP themselves, but that wouldn't leave GOG free and clear to start making spoolvalves again- regardless of where their factory or offices are located.

Of course, it might be that GOG is licensing the spoolers, but going mech in order to keep from having to also license the E-gun tech.

All idle speculation, of course. Any other info?

Doc.
Thanks Doc for a very succinct statement on this issue. Also let me say THANKS!!!!!!! for your comics. I have sat down and read every one of them and it is a pleasure to see someone making comics about paintball and making me laugh so hard about having to be an airsmith. From one cocker freak to another SALUTE!! Keep it up! The case o dew will be in the mail shortly as soon as i save up enough money to ship that many gallons to you. But it is fresh from the reactor. lol

Back to subject. I own an ION and an SP1 and i like them because of the way they shoot and they are fun to tinker with and mod out. This may well be an ok marker for the price. I hope so. But to agree with DOC i dont give two good damns for the gardners and their patent war starting company. If it wasnt for them we could still probably get cockers and mags and all kindsa upgrades etc. I WISH they still made an emag cause i WOULD own one. I agree that they are definitely filling the void with this but as far as the back to topic posts above sorry this is part of the topic when it comes to GOG. YODA!!!!!!! You should have thrown out a patent on your kits man!!!!!!! You would have been in there!

I DO hope this marker is definitely recieved well as far as being a entry level, easy to work on, mech marker. I look forward to the reviews when some of you guys get it in your grubby lil paws.

ITS MATTS FAULT
EVEN IF ITS NOT BLAME HIM ANYWAY

blackcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #158 (permalink)
Mr. Republican

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloud View Post
I DO hope this marker is definitely recieved well as far as being a entry level, easy to work on, mech marker. I look forward to the reviews when some of you guys get it in your grubby lil paws.
This is giving field owners another option when it comes to their rental fleets and new players a like. What's awesome about this marker, is the player can upgrade the marker as their play level dictates.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #159 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta paintball View Post
It's not a new Impulse. I have to write the description and everything up for it tonight, hopefully I can have the info released tomorrow.
Send me the gun, I'll write a review and release on it

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #160 (permalink)
MCB Member

Deathwish and I made the conversion accessible to the general public without having to source all of the components separately and with a setup that doesn't require any permanent modifications. The general concept of what we have was not our idea alone, it has been done by a number of people for various guns before. Nothing that we did was patentable. And even if it was, I wouldn't have done it as I hate BS patents for obvious concepts as much as the next guy.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News