mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #421 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirkle68 View Post
So I doubt anyone would have ever thought this would be said, but I will. So how does kingman feel about having one of the most anticipated markers of the year?

This has to be a first for you guys.

Also I know when the vs series came out you guys had a truck going around to events. I would love for you and a truck to take the trip to EMR spring castle. It is a great weekend of drinking and just plain old having a good time, we even play paintball..sometimes..
to me it seems to be a perfect time frame (end of april) for you guys to debut something new for it (autococker sleeve).
Also depending on the sales of this marker would you guys please make a non tacticool pump. you obviously are doing research, so bring back the hammer with all of todays pump technology.
LOL, we have been around a very long time so it isn't a first. But it always feels good to have the buzz and input we have been getting.

I don't know about the truck but a trip to EMR sounds like fun.
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #422 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I'll definitely be stopping by the booth after the GoG tech class tomorrow. Are you going to be there, Lou, or some other rep?

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #423 (permalink)
One Pump Chump

Fan of EMR
Kilt Fan
Been playing for over 20 years, first I have seen this much hype about a spyder..
cirkle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #424 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
I'll definitely be stopping by the booth after the GoG tech class tomorrow. Are you going to be there, Lou, or some other rep?
No, I don't normally go to this event.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #425 (permalink)
Radical!

Quote:
Been playing for over 20 years, first I have seen this much hype about a spyder..
I think the excitement is less about the company itself and more about the fact that it's an affordable pump w/ dual-feeding, one being fs capable. I'm more in shock that kingman managed to get on the ball with this. At least that's my perspective.

BUT, i wonder how well it works, and why other large pb companies hadn't jumped on it before now. If a company like Empire couldn't justify making something similar, one has to wonder if the hammer 7 is gonna bomb.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #426 (permalink)
Spyder

Quote:
I've been working here for 10 years, and I've seen alot happen around here.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #427 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
I think the excitement is less about the company itself and more about the fact that it's an affordable pump w/ dual-feeding, one being fs capable. I'm more in shock that kingman managed to get on the ball with this. At least that's my perspective.

BUT, i wonder how well it works, and why other large pb companies hadn't jumped on it before now. If a company like Empire couldn't justify making something similar, one has to wonder if the hammer 7 is gonna bomb.
I still think Empire had a chance to nail one out of the park. They almost did it too. They took a marker from yesteryear and gave it a modern once over and presented it. It had almost every feature you could want, and lots of accessories as well.

The Hammer 7 will be at a disadvantage in that it wasn't the first to market. But, the Trracer proved that the mid-$100 price range for a pump is a viable market. The Hammer will have the advantage of seeing what type of reaction the Trracer had and the various things people were left wanting.

I bought a Trracer with the excitement of being able to have an inexpensive marker capable of shooting First Strikes. A little experience with it showed that a magazine would be ideal. After that never came, the Trracer went. Now, knowing that there is a marker coming out with exactly what I wanted from the Trracer, how can I say no?

The Trracer is a very nice platform, and the Hammer seems to be one as well. They both offer something unique. I think the Hammer will suit me better for when I have the FS itch.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #428 (permalink)
Radical!

Oh, i do miss my Empire Trracer. That's still a nice budget pump, wouldn't mind having one again despite the Hammer 7. Only person saying i can't have both is the wife!
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #429 (permalink)
So say we all!

Send a message via AIM to Drachen Send a message via MSN to Drachen

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Also depending on the sales of this marker would you guys please make a non tacticool pump. you obviously are doing research, so bring back the hammer with all of todays pump technology.
I wouldn't really call a to rail being in the tacti-cool field. Especially with it being first strike compatible, it would be silly to not include a way to put some kind of sight on it.

Though the mag thing is the only real reason why I want it myself. Without it, its basically just a center feed trracer imho

EDIT: forgot about the muzzle break...I could've lived without that, but with the barrel options out there not hard to get something without that.
Drachen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #430 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Bingo. Depending on the pump stroke, mine may never get set up as an OC pump.

Hammer7
Tiberius FSR2
4x32
13/3k

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News