mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 10-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #331 (permalink)
Phantom Lords

CCM Fan
mags are key, and these mags look just about perfect. so simple, able to run paintballs or first strikes without switching springs, a breeze to clean, straight/easy to engage, and relatively inexpensive. i'm assuming theyre substantially lighter than the milsig mags; probably somewhere in between TPX and milsig weight (milsigs weight roughly 3x the weight of a TPX mag). the trap door engagement and how the spring locks in without compressing the stack is even more of a bonus. im seriously impressed with this whole marker system. im pretty sure at some point they said a tank-in-stock option would be available, which really is the only thing i feel the DAM is currently lacking.

i still dont have $1300 to spend on a marker, but if i had the budget, i wouldnt think twice about picking one of these up.

my feedback
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:45 PM   #332 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
those of you who want one. keep an eye out on bst. i have a feeling people will unload some pretty cheap.

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #333 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
those of you who want one. keep an eye out on bst. i have a feeling people will unload some pretty cheap.
Certainly, just as soon as they realize magazine play isn't for them and they're left with a bulky gun that puts them at a disadvantage. Then the rest of us can win without the full retail hit.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #334 (permalink)
Old 'n Slow

There's one on PBN for $1250..
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #335 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target View Post
There's one on PBN for $1250..
Already $50 saved in the first week of sales! They will be free before Christmas!!!

:-D
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #336 (permalink)

Given how much more complex the DAM mags are compared to the other ones, taking into account that they are so much cheaper than the competition, I have to assume that the price of the marker compensates for the loss in profits on the mags.

If DYE were to sell the DAM cheaper, they'd have to raise the price on the mags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
mags are key, and these mags look just about perfect. so simple, able to run paintballs or first strikes without switching springs, a breeze to clean, straight/easy to engage, and relatively inexpensive. i'm assuming theyre substantially lighter than the milsig mags; probably somewhere in between TPX and milsig weight (milsigs weight roughly 3x the weight of a TPX mag). the trap door engagement and how the spring locks in without compressing the stack is even more of a bonus. im seriously impressed with this whole marker system. im pretty sure at some point they said a tank-in-stock option would be available, which really is the only thing i feel the DAM is currently lacking.

i still dont have $1300 to spend on a marker, but if i had the budget, i wouldnt think twice about picking one of these up.
wingbatwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #337 (permalink)

The mags are dirt cheap to make. They are almost identical to the d-mags coming out from rap4. They also sell a 2 pack of them for only $20-$24 depending on capacity...Having one of our guys at cup last weekend spending about 2 hours going over this thing head to toe with the lead designer, we got some incredible insights into the DAM. This marker is the culmination of almost 3 years of design, testing and research by Dye. The gun is worth every penny of that $1300 price point. It blows me away every time I sit down and look over the specs and features.
POTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #338 (permalink)

I just purchased one along with 2 cases of first strike rounds. I will be using it next weekend in a scenario game. If you guys want i will give my opinions of it after I play a whole weekend with it. And this is coming from someone who has never had a tactical style marker ever in 15 years of paintballing.
Beastmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #339 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmando View Post
I just purchased one along with 2 cases of first strike rounds. I will be using it next weekend in a scenario game. If you guys want i will give my opinions of it after I play a whole weekend with it. And this is coming from someone who has never had a tactical style marker ever in 15 years of paintballing.
Same here BTW which scenario you going ot?

"Originally posted by Element Paintball@pbnation: you realize it would be easier to get a new wife than a new dc2."

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #340 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
jealous....just remember 2 is 1 and 1 is none. Prepare for it to let you down and be pleasantly surprised that everything works ok, instead of majorly bummed your new marker doesn't work and you sit there missing the game.
Take lots of pics.

"The future is already here - it's just not very evenly distributed."
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_chemist View Post
"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****" is my motto
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News