mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #541 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Why? Because I have the parts and don't like having a big hopper on top. 10 rounds before reloading works fine for taking on one player that I can shot out before he can run for cover, but when his friends are also with him, each with a hopper, I prefer to have a few more shots before having to reload.

I did paint it, with cheap home depot stone textured spray paint. The way I play, I want my equipment to blend in as best as possible. The textured paint helps to break up the glare from a nice, shinny black marker. I always play in a ghillie suit and love to surprise the other team. It is a tactical marker afterall, now if we were talking about my DM6 that I did about the same thing to, I could see your concern, so here you go....

DJmatt123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #542 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJmatt123 View Post
Why? Because I have the parts and don't like having a big hopper on top. 10 rounds before reloading works fine for taking on one player that I can shot out before he can run for cover, but when his friends are also with him, each with a hopper, I prefer to have a few more shots before having to reload.

I did paint it, with cheap home depot stone textured spray paint. The way I play, I want my equipment to blend in as best as possible. The textured paint helps to break up the glare from a nice, shinny black marker. I always play in a ghillie suit and love to surprise the other team. It is a tactical marker afterall, now if we were talking about my DM6 that I did about the same thing to, I could see your concern, so here you go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
I've played pump against the worst of the paintball scum bags, do I hang it up? Nah.... I play angrier.
B_i_s_c_u_i_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:28 AM   #543 (permalink)
supereņe

Guys, what do you think about the carmatech vs Dye dam?

Carmatech pricings here:
Products | Carmatech Engineering
hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #544 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakaider View Post
Guys, what do you think about the carmatech vs Dye dam?

Carmatech pricings here:
Products | Carmatech Engineering
ehh, its just a pump, you need to pay extra for the semi version, plus after all the patent issues with the dmags and carmatech holding up the dmags, i dont think i will ever support a company that tries to limit magfed paintball.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #545 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint Fury Balz View Post
With all due respect to the DIY players... (I'm building my own Kydex press, so I kinda understand, however)

...I don't understand all the weird mods people are doing to this gun.

Qloaders never made sense to me and a simple angle mount like this...
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/policestuff_2245_1514609332
would solve the sight picture issues. A slight cant of the gun and you're golden grahams, no?
I'm sure the mags can handle a 45degree angle and I know a Rotor can...
Thats great for a regular sight or scope, but if you want to take full advantage of fs rounds, an adjustable riser is the way to go. If you canted one of those at 45 degrees, youd have to tilt the marker to compensate when firing with any sort of elevation adjustment. While this is a perfectly good solution, it can lead to inaccuracy at range if you dont have the marker tilted just right. It also can lead to your hopper sticking way out if youre not going pure magfed.

I agree the offset is probably the best solution. Actually ive found most my simple red dots and holos work on the rail with no modification required, even running hopper fed. Either this or an offset will be my setup for fs/hopper games, and my adj riser will only get used on magfed only play.

Try to keep in mind some of these crazy mods (mine included) are for the fun of the mod itself and to experiment with different configurations. Id say a good four out of five mod plans are never better than good old fashion solutions like your offset, but its still fun to tinker.
Admanobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #546 (permalink)
Delta paintball team

Sorry but I don't see any improvements in ANY of these so called mods. Am I missing something? Did pbn send all its customizers here? I haven't seen one mod yet that made any logical sense. I'm starting to think this thread isn't about the new dye dam it's about how to destroy a perfectly fine out the box marker.
Really am I the only one who's sees this or did I not drink enough koolaid this fine day?

The $aint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #547 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by The $aint View Post
Sorry but I don't see any improvements in ANY of these so called mods. Am I missing something? Did pbn send all its customizers here? I haven't seen one mod yet that made any logical sense. I'm starting to think this thread isn't about the new dye dam it's about how to destroy a perfectly fine out the box marker.
Really am I the only one who's sees this or did I not drink enough koolaid this fine day?
This is your opinion. Please learn to express it without the poor attitude towards other members.

Thanks,
The management

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #548 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Ok, so I must be crazy and imagined that there are a lot of other members who are very eager for Dye to come out with a box mag. I've built the equivalent of a box mag with no batteries required, a faster load rate than any other loader I'm aware of, quick reloads, and the ability to still have one side of the mag loaded with FS's.

It may not be an off the shelf accessory that Dye has out, but it is very similar to what the rumors are of them coming out with. Maybe it will even give them some ideas such as being able to flip the box around and have a row of FS's available. Or maybe they will hurry up a little and get the box mags and air-in-stocks out a little quicker. I've got videos of it working well and I'm not saying it's for everyone, but there seems to be some interest in it. I'm not the only one who likes to make my equipment work for my style as best as possible and not settle for something that's "perfectly fine out of the box".
DJmatt123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #549 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Ok, so I must be crazy and imagined that there are a lot of other members who are very eager for Dye to come out with a box mag. I've built the equivalent of a box mag with no batteries required, a faster load rate than any other loader I'm aware of, quick reloads, and the ability to still have one side of the mag loaded with FS's.

It may not be an off the shelf accessory that Dye has out, but it is very similar to what the rumors are of them coming out with. Maybe it will even give them some ideas such as being able to flip the box around and have a row of FS's available. Or maybe they will hurry up a little and get the box mags and air-in-stocks out a little quicker. I've got videos of it working well and I'm not saying it's for everyone, but there seems to be some interest in it. I'm not the only one who likes to make my equipment work for my style as best as possible and not settle for something that's "perfectly fine out of the box".
I would love to see it! pictures or videos. I also am making my own box mag, but have it on hold for a little while, got other stuff on my bench now.

PBN Feedback
paintman161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #550 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, so I must be crazy and imagined that there are a lot of other members who are very eager for Dye to come out with a box mag. I've built the equivalent of a box mag...
Awesome! Let's see it!
Sterling500 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News