mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #161 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycelarson View Post
It's hilarious to see how the crusty ones around here come out whenever a company that isn't CCM or Palmers does something.
Huh?
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #162 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Huh?
this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
Whoopty Do, What does it all mean? - YouTube

Whoopdy do Basil!

More tech from a new company how cute... so in a year it will be dead and cheap like the Hostile Rouge..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
How is this supposed to be interesting? Another electro? I'm assuming that rectangle thing is a Soliniod? (Sp) big whoop. If its mech it might be interesting though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tencent View Post
Oh good a new Dangerous Power Fusion. The back of the hammer might as well look identical to the Fusion and the front is just a slightly different design. Personally I prefer the spring return to home over compared to a more complicated air return system with likely twice as many o-rings.

At least they priced it reasonably. They will easily sell 10 of these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNuke View Post
Woooooooooow!!!!!! This company has paintballers figured out. Post up a little something on the forums about the company, just a taste, add some Social networking and sit back and wait. . . . Bam! Free marketing. Very clever.
We have a new manufacturer - sounds like american made, interesting new design. It seems a bit silly and crusty to bother posting in this thread if this gun isn't something you're interested in.

I love that the modern information age has allowed us insight to companies as they roll out products. It lets us ask questions and check things out in a way that simply wasn't possible even a few years back. It's nothing but a good thing - and when used well by a company (like this instance) should only been seen as a positive.
brycelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #163 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Some members have been playing for more than 20 years and have seen lots of guns come and go in that time. I guess they are just jaded by now. It's not like their thoughts are unfounded. The likelihood of this gun really taking off is small when it's going up against the industry giants like Kee, Bob Long, Dye, Plant Eclipse, and so on. We've seen it happen to lots of guns like the Rouge, ZR1, and others. I'd love to see it do well and to see more products from them; their philosophy seems to be spot-on. I just don't see it happening. So let them be negative and the rest of us will be positive.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #164 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzypntbllr View Post
What are you getting at? It's called a teaser. Social networking, like forums are all about marketing products! If you were running a start up business, would you want your marketing to be expensive and ineffective? The internet is the fastest way to spread information to the greatest number of people, whether you use free services or not. Are saying that J4 who's motto is "tech not hype" is hyping their product just by telling us about it? If announcing new and interesting guns or businesses is not paintball news, what exactly is? Go hate some where else.
If you read my pervious post I wrote that I am mostly likely going to buy one of their markers. I like how they introduced it. I am not hating. I was just stating they have me hook, line, and sinker. Chill.

Quote:
um, that's how you introduce a product now.

It's hilarious to see how the crusty ones around here come out whenever a company that isn't CCM or Palmers does something.
Call me crusty one more time! Ha ha ha. No seriously, you two are mad at me because I stated they have the marketing thing figured out. Ok? now you both get a " Woooooooooow!!!!!!" (Preset in my ios device) chill out. We all love paintball and everything about it.

J4, I wish you all the best. All your effort will just make the paintball world better.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #165 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Some members have been playing for more than 20 years and have seen lots of guns come and go in that time. I guess they are just jaded by now. It's not like their thoughts are unfounded. The likelihood of this gun really taking off is small when it's going up against the industry giants like Kee, Bob Long, Dye, Plant Eclipse, and so on. We've seen it happen to lots of guns like the Rouge, ZR1, and others. I'd love to see it do well and to see more products from them; their philosophy seems to be spot-on. I just don't see it happening. So let them be negative and the rest of us will be positive.
so, in 20 years. National Paintball Supply(that is now Kee) had started. i'm close by Kee and it started in the back of a barber shop, to a store front, to a bigger store front to a million square feet warehouse and giant.

Dye started with clothes and barrels.

Bob was a player, who modded other people's guns.

Eclipse made there name just taking other people's guns, milling them up and putting crazy annos on them.

Zodiak was started from Chris Cole who made the FEP Quest, and now the ZR-1.

you have to start small in order to get big. i don't see anyone coming in with an idea and starting as big as the the top tier people right off the start.

so, you have to not be jaded when a company comes out with something new, pushing the industry, instead of being the same. kinda like Bruizer, or the tribals, or chinese cocker knock offs. you are talking to the man. i've known Josh(J4 paintball) through various forums and know that he doesn't lie, he doesn't exaggerate, and he knows more about paintball than most people. just because he doesn't hang out in the forums and talk about brass or wood or a pump; doesn't mean that he is blowing smoke up people's butts.

so, either help support, or get out of the thread. this gun might not be for you, but it doesn't mean that you are the market.

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #166 (permalink)
P0E
Banned

Quote:
...It seems a bit silly and crusty to bother posting in this thread if this gun isn't something you're interested in.
Very true. Only optimistic posts please.

Why do people feel the need to post opinions which conflict with mine?

It's like a post just to tell me how [adjective] I am. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, because I like my blissful reality bubble. AmIRight?

Although, I do recall you making a pessimistic post in a pre-production 'rifled' barrel thread. Something to the effect about how tests show rifled barrels don't work so this one probably wouldn't either. What's with the all this mixed message stuff, Negative Nancy?

Don't worry about me ever flip-flopping. I hate on all derivative, placative over hyped crap. Especially stuff these romantic/sentimental forum members hold dear. I care about the fun to money ratio and that's it. Nothing truly innovative? I'll point that out just as fast as someone who feels the need to say something is going to be the best thing EVAR!

Last edited by P0E; 02-13-2013 at 03:57 PM.
P0E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #167 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
Since when does everyone piss and moan like this is PBN. If you don't like something, go create a thread about it. Frankly it's just cluttering up the productive chatter.
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #168 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
so, in 20 years. National Paintball Supply(that is now Kee) had started. i'm close by Kee and it started in the back of a barber shop, to a store front, to a bigger store front to a million square feet warehouse and giant.

Dye started with clothes and barrels.

Bob was a player, who modded other people's guns.

Eclipse made there name just taking other people's guns, milling them up and putting crazy annos on them.

Zodiak was started from Chris Cole who made the FEP Quest, and now the ZR-1.

you have to start small in order to get big. i don't see anyone coming in with an idea and starting as big as the the top tier people right off the start.

so, you have to not be jaded when a company comes out with something new, pushing the industry, instead of being the same. kinda like Bruizer, or the tribals, or chinese cocker knock offs. you are talking to the man. i've known Josh(J4 paintball) through various forums and know that he doesn't lie, he doesn't exaggerate, and he knows more about paintball than most people. just because he doesn't hang out in the forums and talk about brass or wood or a pump; doesn't mean that he is blowing smoke up people's butts.

so, either help support, or get out of the thread. this gun might not be for you, but it doesn't mean that you are the market.
3 out of those 4 started when the industry was still relatively young, getting their foot in on the ground floor. FEP isn't around anymore, I'm that would have been different if they had sold more guns. And it's not exactly like Zodiac ZR-1s are flying off the shelves either. I'd love to see this gun and the J4 succeed. The new competition would be great for the industry, forcing other companies to up their game. It's just not as easy as it once was. Hopefully his knowledge of paintball will give him the edge he needs to succeed. He's already done a good job here, Im mean people are talking about J4.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #169 (permalink)
Private Labels Only

Isn't this just a Ego?, but instead of a rammer to move the bolt it uses a fuse bolt to move it? This isn't game changing it's just a gas hog Ego IMO.

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

Rare and Hard to find Killing Machines

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
spydrmn22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #170 (permalink)
T-T
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrmn22 View Post
Isn't this just a Ego?, but instead of a rammer to move the bolt it uses a fuse bolt to move it? This isn't game changing it's just a gas hog Ego IMO.
In some ways, but as previously stated, it's that the position of the "fuse bolt" can be sensed by the system, allowing adjustments to dwell/time...

Something that hasn't been seen since the Sandridge apparently.

Plus the designer seems to have a sense of humour, a HUGE plus in my book.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News