mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
I don't see this as a bad thing honestly. Electro's have been present for how many years in this game? If nobody has come out with a similar product before, why not let J4 have their protected time with a unique platform. I know exactly what you are saying, but until I see abuse, let them see how far they can take the platform.
Yes they designed it but competition is what leads platforms towards further innovation and refinement as well as driving the prices down for consumers.

Last edited by shinjinian; 02-01-2013 at 08:42 PM.
shinjinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #42 (permalink)

You know, if we did want to show all the details and let you guys know everything about it, we would have. The teasers are so much fun though - Mostly for us we admit.

Feel free to ask us questions as you want, the Facebook page is meant to be the go-to point for this, so please feel free to hit us up there.

On that note, a few bits which are answered there:

Why it is named Torque
How smooth it is
What makes it different then a Creed

Though one you guys bring up I wanted to note: We had planned on licensing the gun at some point in the future when we are settled. The patent is very broad partly to do that. But just because we are tinkerers ourselves, they have to show us something cool. If you they want to do the same thing, but with different stickers and charge less because it was made cheaper...Uhm, no. If they, say, make Mil-sim guns and want to do a cool H&K based mag fed gun...well, shoot, we will be willing to help with the design.

We come from the point of Autocockers and related - 'Cockers were cool because there was so much kit for them. If we stiffle that we take something that can be really cool and kill it.

We have been around a while. We want to make this, and a few other guns, because they are cool. These are guns we want to play with. You should see the next planned gun - absolutely no sane company would do it, and we are really excited. A part of the reason to do this gun is so we can make it and others.

So, ask away if you have questions. Some things we are not going to answer yet, but by PBE we should have all of them answered.

Enjoy! And keep guessing!

J4 Paintball on Facebook
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #43 (permalink)
Jack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
I would be lying if I didnt say I've had this idea for years. Bravo to someone for actually getting the ambition and resources to bring it to life!
same... though mine was a redesign for the impulse lower tube (and not exactly the same, but the concept remains close)
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps6aa1985e.jpg
Tilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #44 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I find it interesting, but at the same time I don't get it... I can't see how a stacked-tube spool could possibly be any smoother/more efficient than a regular spool, or less maintenance intensive. And if that's the case, then what's the point?
It's a spool with a removable bolt. Pretty neat feature.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano_____
I would be lying if I didnt say I've had this idea for years. Bravo to someone for actually getting the ambition and resources to bring it to life!
same... though mine was a redesign for the impulse lower tube (and not exactly the same, but the concept remains close)
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps6aa1985e.jpg
I came up this in about 2003/2004, and filed the patent about then (just patent pending,) with it being awarded in Nov. 2009. Some times it take a while, so when you do get an idea, follow it through! The end result is awesome.

In the old Impulse Chassis Ydna build the 'Husher':

Impulse modded valve... - PbNation

Which, well, if you want to see how this gun is, take a peek at that.

This gun runs at a lower pressure, and has less moving mass then the Husher.

Enjoy!

J4 Paintball on Facebook
Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
MCB Member

More companies = more gooder. I am actually excited about this.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #47 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
J4, welcome to MCB.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is based on ydna's work?

Last edited by idkfa; 02-01-2013 at 10:01 PM.
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
Welcome to MCB and good luck with your sale
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #49 (permalink)
Un-Active Member

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
My question would be can the spool sytem be modded to a differnt marker. A major upgrade to an older marker would make this worth the tinker for me

For Sale

Hawkeye20: "......Hit!..............medic..... oh God...."
pghp8ntballer: "Cause you know, first strike and flatline systems together with a scope allow you to shoot into the future."
SEFishy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
EDIT: Just to clarify, this is based on ydna's work?
No, Andy and I tend to think alike. I actually had my patent submitted before his post.

Quote:
Welcome to MCB and good luck with your sale
Thanks! Though the one typing on the J4 crew right now is also here as 'pbjosh' normally.

Quote:
My question would be can the spool sytem be modded to a differnt marker. A major upgrade to an older marker would make this worth the tinker for me
yeesss....but it would be expensive. An upgrade drop in system, for, say, an EGO? That could be done. That also would be expensive. But it could be done.

J4 Paintball on Facebook

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News