mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 07-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #181 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottQ View Post
Expect big things from JT in the coming years. The Impulse is a quality gun and performs very well.

While KEE owns JT and Empire, the staff for each brand is entirely different(except for myself).

As far as the JT Impulse goes - please shoot the marker before you pass judgment. Passing judgment(on any marker or product from any company) before testing only hurts the company and in turn, hurts our sport. Let's support paintball and help it grow.
Can you shed any light on why the gun was released under the JT brand and not under Empire with the majority of Kees high-end guns?
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #182 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Can you shed any light on why the gun was released under the JT brand and not under Empire with the majority of Kees high-end guns?
Yes, and please give us your marketing strategy and projections for 2014.

Feedback
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #183 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Old 07-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #184 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
For sake of your original post, I consider an aXe an high-end marker. But I understand what you were saying.

I really just hope the name doesn't stop any knowledgeable paintball player from buying it. I'm sure its just as good as the other stack tubed electros out there right now.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #185 (permalink)
Wait, what?

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Purely conjecture, but KEE has been nudging JT towards high-end gear for a while. Check out the FX 2.0 soft goods line if you have the chance as it has some of the best stuff on the market. Pair that with the lowest of the low "introductory" line (Splatmasters) and they could be trying to build an all-in-one brand for people to grow through. It's not exactly the same but Tippmann has this by starting people on 98's and graduating them to e-gripped X7's.
Feedback
matteekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #186 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Expect big things from JT in the coming years. The Impulse is a quality gun and performs very well.

While KEE owns JT and Empire, the staff for each brand is entirely different(except for myself).

As far as the JT Impulse goes - please shoot the marker before you pass judgment. Passing judgment(on any marker or product from any company) before testing only hurts the company and in turn, hurts our sport. Let's support paintball and help it grow.
If you have some time today, please push play. Pay close attention to what Jonathan Ive is saying in the beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9E2D2PaIcI

I apologize for passing judgement about your new gun, I called it a "me too" product. Showing images of any product will cause people to form opinions about it whether they're right or wrong, the trick is to launch/reveal a product on the day it's available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead-Foot View Post
I agree. This gun is just a "me too product". Jt trying to get some market share. There's another company called vanguard who makes a gun called Creed. Each of these are based off Ego's. no different than Samsung basing their phone off apples and intel "inspiring" really thin laptops 4 years after apple created the MacBook Air.

Once you cross the $1000 threshold you might as well buy the best gun in the form factor you're considering. I think eclipse makes the best of this class.

Last edited by Lead-Foot; 09-22-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News