mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #81 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydrmn22 View Post
The pump didn't sell well that's why they had to do something with all the bodies they made.
Huh?

The Sniper sold two or three times what Empire was expecting. There were three people with Empire Snipers at my home field last weekend.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manike View Post
From our products you can get a pretty good idea from the serial number, although the serial number does change based upon the product/factory/special edition etc. There's no hidden secret to any of our serial numbers.

Black Axes are just over 10,000 right now. We have a different serial numbers for different colours and special editions. Without looking we probably have around 15,000 Axes out in total. A lot more Mini's, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 30-40,000.

Empire Sniper is around 3000 units total. It's easy to tell because there was just one colour of that gun. It wasn't anticipated that we would sell over 1500 so that's been quite a success.

We do keep track (although it's not me that does it) so we would know on all of our products.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #82 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
It doesn't really build momentum like you think it would. The LPR pressure is mainly used to overcome the main spring tension. You won't feel the LPR difference as it would be ever so slight between the two.

Simon was nice enough to mod a set of hammer/body/pump kit for me(FUNSI00's gun)
Empire Sniper question/suggestion - Page 3
I was able to back out the IVG .75 turn out out after the mod.

Pump stroke was smoother but not softer
But when you put a heavier hammer in the same autococker you can continue to back it out another turn. Before you know it, the pressure can add up. Smoother is what I'm going for. The stock hammer would have more of a snappy feel which I don't prefer on autocockers. I'm honestly just nit-picking. Since it appears to be such a great gun, I'd hate to see them skip an easy step that could make it an better. Even if it's just that little bit.

Quote:
Now taking this all into consideration you have to note the valve setup in this thing is almost like a trilogy/spyder so that makes a difference too,valve spring the amount of throw/travel etc. How much of the cup seal shaft sticks out the valve matters too,the weight of the hammer,tension of main and valve springs. The pump didn't sell well that's why they had to do something with all the bodies they made. I guess I'm saying if you didn't like the pump you prob wont like the pneumatic version of it. Just my opinion and really your comparing this to a SFL? you can't compare the time that went into milling the SFL which still has a good resale value on it. These guns will be $200 cheaper in a couple months.
They will still be $550 in a couple months because they don't come out until June. And I agreed that you couldn't compare it to the SFL. Did you not even read my post above?

Last edited by minimag03; 02-26-2013 at 04:49 PM.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #83 (permalink)
Private Labels Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Huh?

The Sniper sold two or three times what Empire was expecting. There were three people using the pump at my home field last weekend.
Ya if they were expecting to sell 60 of them,come on man I play every weekend at SC Village and hardly see anybody using these,people had them for sale on pbn a week after they came out. They tried to include everything with it too a barrel kit,auto trigger,half mill and it still didn't sell good. So I guess we'll see if I'm wrong I'll apologize but I think true A/C fans will notice the difference between the real and commercial A/C's

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
spydrmn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #84 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
It doesn't really build momentum like you think it would. The LPR pressure is mainly used to overcome the main spring tension. You won't feel the LPR difference as it would be ever so slight between the two.

Simon was nice enough to mod a set of hammer/body/pump kit for me(FUNSI00's gun)
Empire Sniper question/suggestion - Page 3
I was able to back out the IVG .75 turn out out after the mod.

Pump stroke was smoother but not softer
God I've missed cocker talk
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #85 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Ya if they were expecting to sell 60 of them,come on man I play every weekend at SC Village and hardly see anybody using these,people had them for sale on pbn a week after they came out. They tried to include everything with it too a barrel kit,auto trigger,half mill and it still didn't sell good. So I guess we'll see if I'm wrong I'll apologize but I think true A/C fans will notice the difference between the real and commercial A/C's

Screw pbn.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #86 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Everyone at SC Village is an elitist anyway. =P

Go ye therefore to all the nations, baptizing them in copious amounts of paint.

Proud member of Team On Target.
www.teamontargetpb.com
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #87 (permalink)
Private Labels Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post

Screw pbn.
They we're on sale here too.

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback
Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #88 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Is that supposed to be a WGP Sledge with an adjustable end cap?
Old 02-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #89 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Of all the things that never should have been brought back- automating pumps is probably toward the top of the list...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #90 (permalink)
Private Labels Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Of all the things that never should have been brought back- automating pumps is probably toward the top of the list...
haha

THUG LIFE KILL'IN KREW

My PBN Feedback
My AOG Feedback
Old Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News