mcarterbrown.com

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #41 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have to admit that all this talk of first strikes and other novel ammunition has me thinking. At what point is paintball no longer paintball? If alternative ammo significantly outperform regular paint is it fair to bring them into the game? At the moment all these alternatives have drawbacks such as low rate of fire or small magazines, but who knows what the future will bring. If you showed up to play golf with your buddies and brought balls that flew 1.5x as far as normal ones, should you expect to be allowed to use them? I don't know, just thinking out loud. Everybody is looking for that edge on the competition and The arms race continues. Feels like we've been down this road before...hope it ours out better this time.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12439

My other passion: http://www.cameroncanine.com
Dave Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #42 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is it fair that currently some turd can show up with a 1500 dollar gun that daddy paid for and hose paint ruining the fun for the rest of us? At least this advantage requires skill.
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
I have to admit that all this talk of first strikes and other novel ammunition has me thinking. At what point is paintball no longer paintball? If alternative ammo significantly outperform regular paint is it fair to bring them into the game? At the moment all these alternatives have drawbacks such as low rate of fire or small magazines, but who knows what the future will bring. If you showed up to play golf with your buddies and brought balls that flew 1.5x as far as normal ones, should you expect to be allowed to use them? I don't know, just thinking out loud. Everybody is looking for that edge on the competition and The arms race continues. Feels like we've been down this road before...hope it ours out better this time.
if everyone is allowed to use them, then it is fair.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #44 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
I see this news totally different than most of you. Instead of competition which obviously they are, I instead see another tool in the would be paintball snipers tool box. Different rounds for different situations so to speak.

Evil grin: DSA thinks to self, "thank goodness I have a CCM SR-1 ....muhuhaha!"

You got it bud. let the games begin.
“Do not yearn too much for a sword made by a famous smith. This is because even if you give a good man a sword worth ten thousand coppers, he will not be able to beat a hundred men each holding a spear worth a hundred coppers.” - Asakura Takakage Toshikage, 1462-1482

Ecc. 9-10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where you go.

DOOR GUNNER handgun mounts for gunsafes.

http://www.machineshopdpm.com/
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #45 (permalink)

I guess they had to change the design I saw before because of copy right infringement? Or is this a separate design that they are also bringing to market? I have absolutely no interest in these. They don't look like they'd work very well to me.
voad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #46 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I don't see why everyone is complaining. Competition may mean lower prices in the future. Why would you want to lower the price on something that nobody else makes.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #47 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

With the updates that were made ($30 for 100 with the balls already in them) I will pick up a box and see how I like them.

I do see some excess flashing around the back of some of the fins in the first picture. I know that FS aren't perfectly clean, but these might need a little more cleanup.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
I don't see why everyone is complaining. Competition may mean lower prices in the future. Why would you want to lower the price on something that nobody else makes.
Competition is great. But these just don;t look like they would work as well as traditional FS. The previous designs they had looked like they'd work better. But I really don't know for sure. I was willing to buy the older design and try those out. These not so much, I will just stick with FS. I just don't see these as being much competition for FS. Hope I am wrong though.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #49 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Old design?

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #50 (permalink)

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...er-rounds.html

They are in the first pic in this thread. I am just assuming these are replacing that design which was really nearly identical to FS rounds.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News