mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 03-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #71 (permalink)
Rec Poster

On their Facebook page there's a video where he states the "one on one round" is a stand alone unit where you don't have to add paint. It shows a perfect fit in their tgr2 mag and a carmatech. They said the price point is $29.99 for 100 rounds and projected delivery date of 3rd quarter 2013. In my opinion the concept seems nice along with a competitive price (which hopefully will force Tiberius to lower their price of FS rounds since they have had no competition), however I have to see more spec's and some videos of them in action. To see grouping and paint splatter. This is something definitely worth keeping an eye on and follow until its release.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #72 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

If the 50 cal is of a regular gelatin paintball shell, storing them might be problematic. These are specialty rounds and probably won't fly off the shelf like normal roundies. Has anyone addressed the storage solution for these rounds?
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #73 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
If the 50 cal is of a regular gelatin paintball shell, storing them might be problematic. These are specialty rounds and probably won't fly off the shelf like normal roundies. Has anyone addressed the storage solution for these rounds?
Yeah.

Buy them and use them.
alpha434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #74 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhand View Post
Sooo... won't the center of gravity be more rearward in these than in FSRs? If so will that negatively affect flight characteristics?
Cockerpunk where're you at?
It's hard to speak in absolutes without a round in hand but, from the photos, it appears that some of the .50 ball extends rearward into the normally hollow skirt. The center of the round's gravity is somewhere behind the .50's center, how far back depends on the center of gravity for the skirt. If they used a denser fill in the .50 (like the FS round uses), it could result in keeping the center of gravity closer to the center of the .50. HSV and flipping the rounds end over end would reveal the center of gravity.

The harder question to answer is: Where is the center of pressure? In the FS round, the Center of Pressure is near the equator which is behind the FS round's center of gravity. This is in accordance with traditional spin stabilized projectiles. I can't answer this question myself. Computational Fluid Dynamics would be able to answer this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floundah View Post
They don't look to aerodynamic. But I could see a lot more fields allowing these if the fins break apart and biodegrade like they claim. I really hope they work.
If what the Flounder said about them being lighter is true- that will be the biggest detractor from their performance. Given the same caliber, and a similar form factor (round nose, spiral finned skirt, hollow back end), a lighter projectile will perform worse. How much so? I can't answer until I get some accurate numbers on their weight.

As for the lip on the forward edge of the skirt, I can't say if or how much it detracts from the rounds performance. I suspect that it won't help though.

All the theory aside- Give me weight, caliber, and dual chrono data and I can produce accurate performance numbers.

To determine their accuracy, an indoor test would be required.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #75 (permalink)
tinkerer

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
The industry have tried many different things like this in the 15+ years ive been playing but non really stuck(no pun intended ).mostly because of price and safety concerns. But if u were to use the matl. Same as premium paint shell ( hard yet very brittle) i could see this idea working especially because of the way mag fed is starting to take off. But same with brittle paint bare skin would most likely lead to small cuts n scratches from the glass like shell. Id be willing to r&d this product for sure.
nhadley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #76 (permalink)
Ask me How!

Prototype Weight of the 1-2-1 round

Took this off Evan Henshaw's Facebook page (owner/operator of magfedpb.com) as he posted this in several of the mag fed FB groups. Keep in mind this is a prototype round and may or may not be the weight of the final product:

Name:  861614_10200977164655692_1338121770_n.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  151.1 KB

Facebook / Twitter
GMAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #77 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Yea I saw that earlier. Isn't it kinda light?
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #78 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is that astm legal?
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #79 (permalink)
DSA
One in the Pipe!

Send a message via Skype™ to DSA

Ok how does one qualify to "test" these rounds. I honestly can think of no better platform than the SR-1.

My Feedback Redux Knowledge Base My Email Line SI Knowledge Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to shoot nothing.
DSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #80 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok how does one qualify to "test" these rounds. I honestly can think of no better platform than the SR-1.
Word.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News